Tec regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out Dansdivesshop, a solid shop with good gear. Can’t go wrong with Apeks, Scubapro.

I have 17 Dive Rite regs going back 20 years. I like them all, especially the XT1/XT2

Apeks, Scubapro, atomic.

Skip the rest.

This is good advice. Id be happy with any of these makers for tech regs. I personally use Apeks DS4/XTX50 for all my regs and they have been stellar.

Apeks DST with 5th port / XTX50 works very well in extremely cold conditions too. Deep 6 is more or less an imitation of the latter.

Deep 6 is more or less an imitation of the latter? Have you been to DEMA and compared the tools required for servicing the regs of different brands? @cerich

Signed,
Deep 6 Internet Fan Club Member since 2017

Deep 6 is more or less an imitation of the latter? Have you been to DEMA and compared the tools required for servicing the regs of different brands?

Obviously not, as DEMA is a professional show strictly out of bounds for me. Number of special tools required for servicing Apeks is quite small and I assume Deep 6 does not require much more. While I have attended regulator self service workshops I have only 5 regs and let professionals service time for the time being.
But I still see quite a lot in common between Deep6 and Apeks (DST) desings... And while DST may not be the original design either, it is very popular.
For the OP I'd like to add (as a peer novice diver who has recently gone through the same question) that you really don't need an MTX-R to dive cold water. I dive in an area where bottom temperatures are always "extreme cold" and surface temp most of the year too. Any well maintained sealed diaphragm regulator will be just fine. SP Mk25evo or any Atomic will be just fine too.

Obviously not, as DEMA is a professional show strictly out of bounds for me.

I'll try to remember to take a picture later this year and also a pic of the tools I have for servicing my own regs to compare and contrast as statements like the above about Deep 6 being an imitation are going to happen again. Obviously there are going to be some similarities between reg designs. There has to be. But to say that Deep 6 is an imitation is a rather strong statement, especially without any evidence.

Even if the Distributor is purchasing from a OEM who manufactures for others they have the option
to tweak the design to their specs.

I'll try to remember to take a picture later this year and also a pic of the tools I have for servicing my own regs to compare and contrast as statements like the above about Deep 6 being an imitation are going to happen again. Obviously there are going to be some similarities between reg designs. There has to be. But to say that Deep 6 is an imitation is a rather strong statement, especially without any evidence.

Cool down. I am going to buy one myself immediately when I can get a stage bottle package delivered under $700...

Cool down. I am going to buy one myself immediately when I can get a stage bottle package delivered under $700...
Oh I’m good. I just have noticed an increasing number of uninformed comments like that. That is all. Carry on.

Oh I’m good. I just have noticed an increasing number of uninformed comments like that. That is all. Carry on.

What makes Deep 6 regulators different? | Deep Thoughts

Other than this, I would really like to hear what makes them so special it cannot be called an imitation, reiteration whatever of an extremely proven regulator design? Company seems great, owned and run by divers and I am convinced that they are good quality. They also sell service kits to everybody like Apeks in Europe.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom