Mares Icon Net Ready Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Keegan

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a three year old Mares Icon HD firmware version 4.1. I have three questions:

1. I assume this is Net Ready because it’s a nitrox / hoseless computer, right?

2. Do you have links to show how to upgrade the firmware? What is current firmware for my computer?

3. How do I change my contact info (bottom left icon on the Home page on the Icon)? Links maybe?

Regards,
Al

Hi Al.

1. There are two versions of the Mares icon Computer:
a) the old Mares icon HD without the transmitter connectivity. Current firmware for it is v2.5
b) Mares icon HD Net Ready with transmitter connectivity. Current firmware is 4.2.2 (sometimes shown as 4.2). Given your FW is 4.1 you have the second one.

2. Current firmware is 4.2.2 (sometimes shown as 4.2). Can be downloaded from Mares @: https://www.mares.com/shop/en-US/downloads/software/firmware/icon-hd-v4-2.html
As for the instructions, you need to install the Mares Dive Organzier software (PC VERSION - SOFTWARE - DOWNLOADS), connect the icon and select Firmware Update from the Computer menu.

3. You can change the contact/ICE info through the Mares Dive Organizer software. Select Info / ICE from the Computer menu.

R
Z

Perhaps a little more clearly, as you do not seem to be experienced with the Icon and Dive Organizer.

1. download the firmware update.
2. download Dive Organizer and install it.
3. connect the Icon to your computer through the USB connection
4. start Dive Organizer and click the "Computer" tab (top, 2nd from left)
5. in the dropdown menu under "computer" you will see "Firmware Update" - click it and follow the directions - basically browse to find the firmware update file, select it, and start the update. it should be obvious how to proceed.

Note: if the "Firmware Update" choice is greyed out and can't be clicked, your computer hasn't recognized the Icon. Unplug the USB and re-plug it. That should clear up the problem.

Hi Al.

1. There are two versions of the Mares icon Computer:
a) the old Mares icon HD without the transmitter connectivity. Current firmware for it is v2.5
b) Mares icon HD Net Ready with transmitter connectivity. Current firmware is 4.2.2 (sometimes shown as 4.2). Given your FW is 4.1 you have the second one.

2. Current firmware is 4.2.2 (sometimes shown as 4.2). Can be downloaded from Mares @: https://www.mares.com/shop/en-US/downloads/software/firmware/icon-hd-v4-2.html
As for the instructions, you need to install the Mares Dive Organzier software (PC VERSION - SOFTWARE - DOWNLOADS), connect the icon and select Firmware Update from the Computer menu.

3. You can change the contact/ICE info through the Mares Dive Organizer software. Select Info / ICE from the Computer menu.

R
Z

Dear RZ,

Great answers. Instantaneous reply!

Been out of diving for about three years because of a major rotator cuff rebuild. Never really got good with the Icon.

Ran into my three old dive buds July 3 at Windy Point Park, Austin, Texas. Windy Point Park | Windy Point Park offers large shade trees on a natural grass lawn, which overlooks the wide open waterfront on Lake Travis The best dive park in south central US. Went there to watch a private fireworks display and my buds told me I was getting back into diving.

If you’re ever in Texas contact me. It would be my pleasure to host you at Windy Point as my guest.

Regards,
Al

Back
Top Bottom