Palau, Micronesia / Report & Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m_BK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hy,

i went to Palau this april. For the diving I choose land based boat trips together with Palau Adventure Divers. They operate a little bit different because they keep the same group together for the whole week of diving. so you can just join with a five day package and not get interrupted by some day tourists.

this first video is from the spot "german channel". this spot includes a lot of the famous animals in one place, including sharks, manta, napoleon, turtle and fishes.

all is filmed with GoPro 6, without red filter or additional lights.

another highlight is a round flight where you can spot the little green islands from above.

Part 2 of my Palau Review ... this day we went to Ulong Channel which has a interesting combination of different underwater landscape. It starts with a traditional steep wall full of sharks and barracudas on a reef hook. the journey went on with a stormy current ride through an underwater channel and ends in spot full of bizarre corals. additional dive views from turtle wall, sias corner and ulong side bar are ending this video.

as bonus this time aerial views from the famous rock islands, shooter with a dji mavic air drone.

Hey m_BK,
I really like your videos! I'm a huge fan of Palau. I like your second one especially, because Ulong is one of my favourite dives. By the way, your colours are very good. Did you do any correction on the computer? If so, nice job!
Thanks a lot for posting.

Matt

hy, thank you.

yes i do some color correction (mac, final cut pro x) - i think it can be easier but i like the idea of using the small gopro instead of a bigger camera and light and filter and stuff.

from the landscape underwater it was my favorite one.

my next one will be from blue corner.

Very nice.

Very good

Hi m_BK, really nice videos,

going to Palau soon and I am trying to figure out the best operator for the sightseeing flight.
Were you happy with Smile Air? can I ask how much did it cost you and whether it was easy for you to take pictures? You got some really nice ones. If you also have any suggestions for any land excursions pls let me know.

thanks

Hi m_BK, really nice videos,

going to Palau soon and I am trying to figure out the best operator for the sightseeing flight.
Were you happy with Smile Air? can I ask how much did it cost you and whether it was easy for you to take pictures? You got some really nice ones. If you also have any suggestions for any land excursions pls let me know.

thanks

hy... i don`t know if there is any other operator ! i think i asked the diving company and they managed it - everything was fine and easy! I think it was 180 $ for 45 minutes.
You should take the option "open door" (+10$) - then the right door will be removed and you can take good pictures from the right front or back seat just don`t put your camera outside of the door (wind...).

on the same day i took a rental car and drove around the island of babeldaob - i will put another drone video of this in 2 weeks here in this post - it was a cool trip !
second big thing is a visit of the peliliu island (war relicts) but i just had one day for sightseeing and choose the roundflight + car trip.

thanks for the tips, very useful, esp. the open door one!
do you remember if they were strict on having an international licence? or if it was possible to hire a motorbike? I am thinking of doing just that, wandering around the islands and stopping in some nice beaches ... should be great.

thanks for the tips, very useful, esp. the open door one!
do you remember if they were strict on having an international licence? or if it was possible to hire a motorbike? I am thinking of doing just that, wandering around the islands and stopping in some nice beaches ... should be great.

i don`t have a international one (european union) - was no problem!
no idea about a motorbike, but i wont recommend this, first its very hot, second it can every time start to rain heavily! don't get a wrong view, there is just one island where you can drive around (babeldaob), its not that big, you see everything in one day of driving, there are also no beaches to find !
what i also can recommend is a kayak tour - i did one in nikko bay.

Back
Top Bottom