Pee valves: "Up and Over" or "Down and Under/Through"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... the ones I'm very happily using now, which are easy to don and doff.
Which are?

Sorry, I am not sure I follow...:
Rochester Wideband are the ones you hate, I am asking which are the ones you like***.
I've looked two pages higher up and did not seem to find what you reference to.

(*** not because I need to know what you use, but because I have yet to figure all that out and the data points of you liking one and hating the Rochester Widebands may help me find what works for me faster (If the first one I try works great, good, if not know "the opposite" so to speak)

As I said above, I have been using non-adhesive latex ones. I also provided a link. I don't know how I can word it to make it easier to understand.

I tried the Rochester widebody ones and it stuck so well I couldn't get it off. There was a lot of pain and damage and I basically had to wear it home and work on it in the shower.

I'm happy for you that they work for you but I don't like them and won't use them again.

For those that use the adhesive kind, Uni-Solve removes them nicely. Also there is something called Skin-Prep that is helpful. Skin-Prep prepares you beforehand, Uni-solve dissolves the glue after your dive.

Uni-Solve Adhesive Remover - Wipes

Wouldn't dare try removal without Uni-Solve. Ouch!

You really don't need that much adhesive with the Wideband condom catheter model -the next Bard/Rochester model is the Ultraflex which doesn't have as much adhesive, and is easier to remove at the end of the dive day without any need of solvents like alcohol (just be sure you initially shave the contact area real good, clean & dry -before rolling on the Ultraflex to start your dive day).

...non-adhesive latex...
Got it now...
Been truly sitting on that one.
You writing "Mentioned Above" lead me to search above for that other condom with adhesive not even connecting the dotes that right below you quoted the very post you meant with "mentioned above"...

...I'm happy for you that they work for you but I don't like them and won't use them again.

I presume you mean that in reply to someone else's post. I am still at the stage of deciding what to try for the first time.

You writing "Mentioned Above" lead me to search above for that other condom with adhesive not even connecting the dotes that right below you quoted the very post you meant with "mentioned above"...
I actually quoted what I had mentioned above. There was no need to go searching.
quote.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom