Shop recommendation Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood/Miami for gear overhaul?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zimm17

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My gear has been sitting for a 6 years and it's time to get my Apeks regs rebuilt and my tanks hydro'd. Can anyone recommend a good shop in Fort Lauderdale or Miami? I'm in Davie, about 30 mins west of Hollywood Beach.

Force E scuba...

Underseas Sports on us1 in Ft Lauderdale just north of sunrise. They also service for the LEO dive teams and other dive shops who don't service. Top notch shop!

Almost any dive shop will be able to send your tanks out for a hydro, (most area shops use the services of Hydrostat in Deerfield Beach), then perform a visual inspection. A smaller shop that offers hydros is Scuba Tank Services on Ravenswood Road in Dania, but they only accept cash and are open at odd hours.

The only shop that I know of in Davie is Diver’s Cove on University, but I don’t know if they service Apeks regulators. The shops already listed have earned reputations as reliable service centers for your gear, and I’ve also had work done to my satisfaction by the techs at Sea Dreams Scuba on US 1 in Hollywood, and at the Brownies shop on Cordova in Ft. Lauderdale.

I think I'm going to try brownies or underseas sports. Underseas has a pretty terrible website, so that may affect my decision just based on the fact that they didn't put much effort into it.

Don't let Undersea Sport's website play into your service decision.
Much of their business is based on personal referrals and recommendations and
they run a top notch dive shop including their repairs.

I think I'm going to try brownies or underseas sports. Underseas has a pretty terrible website, so that may affect my decision just based on the fact that they didn't put much effort into it.

It's undeniably bad and i joke with them often about it. Talk to Hugh or Matt if you go.

Last edited:
I just got back from dropping everything off at underseas sports. They're a little busy for the lobster mini season preps, but I'm going out of town, so no hurry for me. I missed the hydro truck by just a few minutes. If my tanks were empty they could have taken them, but they were full so it'll be while until they can dump them.

I have an apeks reg and got it serviced at Austins Dive Shop in Miami. Took a few phone calls to find a place that would work on apeks. I highly recommend them if you ever need another shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom