Inflator hose doesn't fit on inflator.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife just bought a Zeagle Zena BCD, it has a Scubapro inflator/Octo. Here reg set up is all Scubapro. We went to test the set up and found that inflator hose end on her reg doesn't fit the inlet on the Octo. She has used her reg set up before and it always fit the note fine on rental BC's. We then tried her hose on my Zeagle Octo and it doesn't fit that either, to small.

Do they make different ends for the inflator hose? It is just a hair to small.

Yes. I had a Zeagle BCD for a short time and had to change the "end" to a non-propriatory, standard "end" so I wouldn't have to buy a "proprietory" Zeagle" hose.

Its like Sansabelt pants.....you can buy the pants, but you're gonna have to wear the belt. Or, you can buy just the belt, but, you're still gonna have to wear the pants.

Last edited:
I know of at least four. Is this a "duo air" or the like?

the combo octo inflators use larger quick disconnects... there are a few different ones...

they are not the same as a standard inflator as those cannot pass enough air to serve as a breathing source.

Inflator/Octo combo is called Air2, which has bigger adapter than that of Inflator only with separate yellow hose Octo.

Since she now has Air2, she needs to be aware & comfortable/practice on how to use it during emergency air share when you are OOA as she would be breathing from it, control her buoyancy with the inflator next to her mouth & hand off her primary to you.

Personally I don't like such setup & stick with the simple system (non-Air2). If my buddy is OOA, I just give him / her the long yellow hose Octo while keeping my primary in my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom