Best way to tie knot to rope, fixed bolt snap for dropping a tank in the water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really need help with sourcing your second suggestion.

They are getting harder to find, but I think there might be a market for any entrepreneurs on the board. There might be some issues in checked baggage though. :)

Hey Dano, (@MAKO Spearguns) Interested in making these as a dive flag accessory?
contact_mine_floating1-jpg.469056.jpg

A cherry buoy, some little rubber fingers, some silicone adhesive, and a little black spray paint.

The one I use is just a peice of anchor line...1/2” I think. Has an eye splice on one end(hooks to a cleat on the boat) and a chain splice on the other end with a 3” stainless ring. Hook bottles to the ring, hangs em at about 20’. 12# weight rigged to the other side of the ring on a 3ft rope via a second chain splice. It’s pretty effective...and easy to make.

Chicken plucking fingers!?! Never know what I'm about to learn on this board. :)

So, looking into this more, the fingers were lead protuberances that held a sealed glass vial of sulfuric acid. When broken, the acid quickly drained into a lead-acid battery (minus the acid) connected to a detonator. They reportedly last for years and years at sea. Hope the OP doesn't mind this little hijack...

perhaps if we can get a dive flag or two on them prior to any "public" detonation, it might plat a seed to stay the heck away from or flags.... :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom