Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it is not TRUE monkey :) (and not so safe as with dpv)
Yea, agree, may be also possible to call my offer as Monkey diving, also it takes by pieces from many others ideas :)

Interesting
@АлександрД
I had to copy and paste your nickname... I have no Cyrillc fonts in my keyboard
Anyway, very nice, I like your DIY projects

Check out Andrew Goring's facebook page, Sump UK. He makes lots of cool parts, but he's got a particularly slick little minimal rig that looks like it's a blast to dive.

Check out Andrew Goring's facebook page, Sump UK. He makes lots of cool parts, but he's got a particularly slick little minimal rig that looks like it's a blast to dive.
SUMP UK they are? Yes, I know this page :) they have many very nice accessories :) Thks!

I had to copy and paste your nickname... I have no Cyrillc fonts in my keyboard
Anyway, very nice, I like your DIY projects
no problem. But I read about some responses in some news about football championship - most difficult for foreighn tourists was Russian language :)
they told about cyrillic - "it is crazy" or like this :)
But АлександрД is very simple :) just AlexanderD

Last edited:
I can read Greek alphabet and indeed there are similarities
Your "р" letter must be like the Greek "ῥ" [rho] letter
By the way congratulations for the championship, Russia did well even though they didn't win the championship and the organization was very nice, I watched the ceremony before the final match

Greek and Russia alphabet don't have anything common.
But Serbian and Russia alphabet is similar because they are both Slavic languages.
I just guess russian letters because of former roots with Yugoslavia but language is also close to us ( Slovenia )

greetings from another Aleksander -Sandi

questions? :)

No questions, just thanks for posting. I always find it cool when people make their own gear. Just a thought, being you wear your bladder below your body now, have you ever thought of trying a snorkel vest as a BC?

The mass buying was smart, several years ago people on the cave diving forum did something similar for the sidemount plates. Maybe you can get them cut out of titanium for light weight and no corrosion.

before final version of my simple harness I`d tested this with plates. Also I had thick aluminium plates - it is strong enough and lightweight.
Titan buckles should be nice, but unnecessary - sewed type is more simple, cheap and strong (just non adjustable, but I made it for MY personal usage :) )

What do you mean under "snorkel west"?
Is it Fenzy style compensator? (collar)
I`d used ours ASZh-63. It could be used, but as final accessible tool. It was most uncomfortable. Most worst thing - air is collecting in the upper part of collar, behind your neck. It is bad for body stabilization in the water (so called trim), also bad for streamlining, and bad for comfort - it is trying to squize your neck.
h-834.jpg
h-844.jpg

h-837.jpg

Basically, that is what I was suggesting, except a snorkel vest is smaller and lighter weight. I played around with horse collar BCs, when I was trying to find a easy way to change tanks while kayak diving.

I am not sure if you seen this.

The creator is a frequent poster on Scubaboard, his website is here.

Back
Top Bottom