I need an air compressor for small dive operation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You certainly can do that, but for motors that stop/start frequently, a power source other than AC is preferred.
Many years ago, yes. Now I disagree strongly. We cycled a board feeder to a planer that way. Bump, 3 seconds later bump and so on up through 2000 feet of lumber and then hit reverse and run the motor at 4 times rated speed down to the bottom and load another unit. Never a problem. Every stop I brought it to a full stop with DC injection braking. This was absolutely a DC application but the VSD worked perfectly at a cost that was pennies on the dollar.

Many years ago, yes. Now I disagree strongly. We cycled a board feeder to a planer that way. Bump, 3 seconds later bump and so on up through 2000 feet of lumber and then hit reverse and run the motor at 4 times rated speed down to the bottom and load another unit. Never a problem. Every stop I brought it to a full stop with DC injection braking. This was absolutely a DC application but the VSD worked perfectly at a cost that was pennies on the dollar.
Obviously the technology changed when I wasn't paying attention.

Allois: I work for Nuvair. We are a manufacturer and worldwide distributor of dive industry compressors. If you would like to discuss your specific compressor needs, please contact me at tom@nuvair.com.

How reliable is your power supply? Here in the Philippines, most compressors at resorts (non-urban areas) run on gas or diesel. Easier to maintain/troubleshoot since these same machines are also powering generators and agricultural machinery.

As usual, this has turned into a "I know more than you do" conversation without answering your question.

With single phase 220, you can get up to about 13-14 CFM ... way more than you need. I suggest going with something in the 7-8 CFM range which means pumping about 5 hours a day at your 30 tanks level. As was mentioned, order it with as much automatic function as you can get ... auto shutdown and auto drains.

I would like to see any actual data showing that three phase motors are more efficient (use less electricity to make the same amount of power)

Tons of material on Google.

Scuba fill station: Includes Bauer Oceanus 4.5 CFM compressor with single whip fill.

Set up for air or Nitrox. Cascade 2 bottle O2 system for charging scuba tanks before filling and topping off tanks to 3200 psi. New O2 analyzer for Nitrox . All in like new condition.

Bauer Oceanus compressor can be run on 220 circuit which is how it is set up now or can be switched to gasoline motor. Honda 5.5 HP engine is included so it can be put on boat for those big trips!

There are extras! New filter in canister, synthetic oil , all parts needed to change over system from electric to gasoline driven. Again all in new condition!

All for $ 3450. A third of the price it took to set up!

Local pick up only.

How many hours on the compressor and where is local?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom