Scubapro 7mm Everflex Jumpsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just purchased the Scubapro everflex jumpsuit. I'm a little tight at the shoulders with an XLS but not a bad fit.

One of the reasons I purchased it was the short zipper in front at the neck. It feels better to unzip it when needed and reduces the choking feel with a hood on.

It's a lot easier to put on solo than others I tried. It has a back zipper and zippers on the wrists and ankles. It's not a semi-dry but not too far from one. It's flex is slightly less than some others but it feels durable and warm.

Thumbs up on this addition to my gear.

511CiBC%2BRXL._SX425_.jpg

Nice suit. I'm also looking at getting a new wetsuit for Monterey diving. Have you gone diving with the new suit? I'd be interested in the flexibility and comfort you get. Just anything you want to share would be of interest.

Check back with me on Monday. Diving this weekend with it. It's well built. Worth the money I spent.

Looking forward to your review. I have older EverFlex suits and love them. But, I have been thinking of getting a new 5mm, just for the DiamondSpan lining they are using now, and for the neck zipper.

Also, how is it to zip up by yourself? It has the diagonal zipper up the back, right? That doesn't seem to work as well for me as a straight zip up the back center.

So the zipper is a vertical back zipper. In my case a 2XL is too large and an XL is slightly too narrow at the shoulders, but not bad. I'm a little wide at the shoulders so there is that. I was unable to back zip do to my shoulder size.

After the suit has been in use for awhile, the solo back zip may be OK. Otherwise a buddy will assist me as happened over the weekend.

The ankle and wrist seals are great for preventing wash into the suit. And the suit will do well for not being a dry suit. It's a heavy build at 7mil. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to move effectively. But that did not happen.

It helped to use a conditioner/water mix to lube the inside of the suit to get hands and feet through to don it because of those seals.

It was great to move in. I did not wear a hood. Water temp was in the upper 70's at Folsom Pointe. I left neck, ankle and wrist zippers open. I also did not wear gloves.

Thumbs up on this suit now that I tested it in freshwater with mild temps. I would expect to get the same positive results at Monterey.

Back
Top Bottom