ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2019 Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dennis and Roxanne make sure you will have a fun time. From the first nights welcome party which is mainly a mixer to put names and faces together and get a few announcements made to the fact that your dive crew rotates between boats allowing you to dive with more people you will find more friends you haven't met yet than you would assume. Your boat crew will be 5-8 people usually your group will dive together every day so finding a buddy shouldn't be a problem it is all group diving anyway.

For what it is worth the first surge at Curacao was our first trip with Scubaboard we now have friends who we look forward to seeing on each trip.

I've never taken a trip with a bunch of people I don't know. What makes it great? What should I expect? Will I be shunned for being a relatively new, less-experienced diver? Will anyone play blackjack with me?
All of the Scubaboard trips are fantastic. There is always a variety of skill levels. Dennis and Roxanne try very hard to group people on boats with similar experience, so not to worry on that one. My wife and I have attended many Invasion and Surge events. They have all been extremely fun, well organized, and the people simpatico. You will love it.

Dennis and Roxanne make sure you will have a fun time. From the first nights welcome party which is mainly a mixer to put names and faces together and get a few announcements made to the fact that your dive crew rotates between boats allowing you to dive with more people you will find more friends you haven't met yet than you would assume. Your boat crew will be 5-8 people usually your group will dive together every day so finding a buddy shouldn't be a problem it is all group diving anyway.

For what it is worth the first surge at Curacao was our first trip with Scubaboard we now have friends who we look forward to seeing on each trip.
Warren is correct. But, you may want to watch out for Warren... :wink: J/K

Warren is correct. But, you may want to watch out for Warren... :wink: J/K
I have been accused of being that guy before.

I'm curious about something. With 5 days to 2-tank boat dives, basically that covers mornings, presumably arriving back around noonish? Then lunch at the resort, an all-inclusive. If booking independently, I imagine many people would at least tentatively plan out (or reserve) various topside activities (e.g.: ostrich farm visit, Hato caves, Sea Aquarium) or more diving (e.g.: rent a vehicle & hit regional shore sites, or book some afternoons with Dive Bus, which is nearby, to avoid renting to figuring out where to go).

But when coming to join a group event, is it different? Are there group things some/most afternoons or evenings? Do people mainly wait till they show up & settle in a day before scheduling outside activities?

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom