Vacationing in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would we be too hot in 3mm? I'm really looking to just buy a cheap suit on Ebay / Amazon, something we could use in warm water.

I'm not 100% sold on Rainbow Reef, but I do know she would be more comfortable with at least some other people in the water. I've got a list throughout this thread of recommendations, but what about the experience with the DM's, how "strict" are they?
You may be too warm in a 3mm. Your wife if she can’t take any chill will probably be fine in one. Some deep dives you may fine a small thermocline, though.

I don’t know how RR operates, sorry. I do know that when they show up, it’s like a mass paratroop exit trying to get their divers in the water. In the water there seems to be a wave of critters tha proceeds them as the wildlife flee the the approaching wall of divers.

A good key for the numbers of divers is the size of their boats. A 46ft Newton will get filled. Florida is so popular that shops can get away with packing in divers. Any disgruntled divers are easily replaced.

You may be too warm in a 3mm. Your wife if she can’t take any chill will probably be fine in one. Some deep dives you may fine a small thermocline, though.

I don’t know how RR operates, sorry. I do know that when they show up, it’s like a mass paratroop exit trying to get their divers in the water. In the water there seems to be a wave of critters tha proceeds them as the wildlife flee the the approaching wall of divers.

A good key for the numbers of divers is the size of their boats. A 46ft Newton will get filled. Florida is so popular that shops can get away with packing in divers. Any disgruntled divers are easily replaced.

Well then I'm searching for a smaller shop that has a smaller boat....but still has people, lol.

Where would one go to find the size of they're boat?

Edit: probably they're website...

Well then I'm searching for a smaller shop that has a smaller boat....but still has people, lol.

Where would one go to find the size of they're boat?

Edit: probably they're website...
I like quiescence diving. But; there is only one crew in their boat and you’d have to hire a DM. They will have no more than 6 divers on board.

Websites will tell you the boat size. Bigger boats= more fuel to drive it= they must carry more people to keep profits up. Almost every operator in the keys will carry their max USCG ratings regardless of their websites claims. And the more boats they run, the busier and more crowded the shop, docks and registers will be. And the greater chance someone, meaning to or not, will end up with your gear.

5 boats means 60-80 divers plus families milling around.

Travelodge is amazing for the money. I was very happy with staying there, across the street is a place called Pollo Tropical. Great after dive snack :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom