Getting my rig sorted out.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is correct, My short hose comes straight up, to my necklace. It's on a break away bungie that is around my neck.

Why not routing the hose up, behind the neck and into your mouth with a 90° elbow? Not 200% familiar with the nomad, but I don't see immediately why that wouldn't work.

I'm transitioning from backmount, doubles.
Your suggestion puts two hoses around my neck. That I do not like.
Here's quick sketch of my new routing. My long hose is yellow per my avatar.
The circle on my lower left represents the inflator on my suit.
My routing is to to be similar to the way I've dived for last 25 years (muscle memory)
I know where everything is instinctively.
My doner hose is 7ft looped around my neck, my inflator on my left shoulder, suit inflator on lower left chest, & my alternate reg necklaced on bungie under my chin.

Attachments

• Sidemount_routing.jpg
    Sidemount_routing.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Why not routing the hose up, behind the neck and into your mouth with a 90° elbow? Not 200% familiar with the nomad, but I don't see immediately why that wouldn't work.

I dive a Nomad LS, this is how I do my short hose. Just make sure you wrap the short hose around your neck before/under the long. I run long hose on the right side, though.

Last edited:

Try Patoux01's suggestion.
I find it most comfortable.
Just be sure to don the short hose/necklace first so you don't trap your long hose.
Cheers, Kevin

My routing is to to be similar to the way I've dived for last 25 years (muscle memory)
I know where everything is instinctively.
Sorry but how on earth is your short hose routed when you dive backmount?

EDITED : When in doubles-backmount the short hose comes of the left side manifold, around my RIGHT side to the 90° elbow & necklace.
Long hose on the right manifold (ala DIR)
When in single-backmount it comes off the right side, around and up to the the necklace.

Sorry Tbone, I just re-read this post & realize what the confusion was

Last edited:
When in doubles-backmount the short hose comes of the left side manifold, around my left side to the necklace.
Long hose on the right manifold (ala DIR)
When in single-backmount it comes off the right side, around and up to the the necklace

you're going to have to show a picture of that if it comes off the left side to the necklace without having a reversible second stage.... and why not have it run the same as your singles and everyone else in the world?

I live in Canada, and I dive a lot with dry gloves.
Although not right now as the St Lawrence is a balmy 20° this time of year.
I found it best to keep things separated, so they can easily grabbed/felt with dry gloves on.
I'm changing all my bolt snaps for this reason. While they're fine 3 mm gloves, I found them difficult to work with dry gloves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom