Filmmaker Rob Stewart's family files wrongful death lawsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah .......best defense (lack of knowledge and qualifications come to mind ) is a good offense ...ps that fact of taking the notes away was told to me by an assistant state ADA in ill

A civil jury trial typically requires 3/4 of the jurors to agree in order to get a verdict.

I remember reading an article awhile back that mentioned that a certain % of jurors make their decisions on the first day.

Jurors make a lot of decisions based on the appearance and the body language of the parties.

I have a friend who once fell asleep as a juror. The defense put on powerpoint and dimmed the lights. This happened after lunch and food coma took over.

The civil court system, especially at the state level, can be quote the shirt show.

Actually for states that dont require a unanimous verdict its typically a "majority", what that means in terms of how many jurors will vary.....

The Stewart case against him is has stalled out for almost one year. The last entry was for a cancellation of a video deposition. I think they are waiting for the IAND case to move forward in Columbia County.

Date Description Additional Text View Pages
06/16/2017 Notice of Cancellation

Everyone is waiting for the Coast Guard report.

The Stewart case against him is has stalled out for almost one year. The last entry was for a cancellation of a video deposition. I think they are waiting for the IAND case to move forward in Columbia County.

Date Description Additional Text View Pages
06/16/2017 Notice of Cancellation

As someone who litigates for a living, I would encourage you not to read tea leaves based on only the docket and passage of time.

Last edited:
Wow so HD says they were not responsible for jumping in the water to help an unresponsive diver? Scary.

Charter or no charter, if I am the captain of a boat and a diver surfaces and becomes unresponsive I am getting in the water or sending someone in the water immediately.

Wow so HD says they were not responsible for jumping in the water to help an unresponsive diver? Scary.

Charter or no charter, if I am the captain of a boat and a diver surfaces and becomes unresponsive I am getting in the water or sending someone in the water immediately.
According to a lot of people who post on ScubaBoard, a dive boat is a taxi with no responsibility for diver safety whatsoever. There are those that disagree for sure, and laws often disagree as well, but that is the opinion you will see dominate every discussion on ScubaBoard.

According to a lot of people who post on ScubaBoard, a dive boat is a taxi with no responsibility for diver safety whatsoever. There are those that disagree for sure, and laws often disagree as well, but that is the opinion you will see dominate every discussion on ScubaBoard.

Thats just crazy to me. Makes me think twice about who to go diving with too. I can't imagine operating a boat while people are diving and not helping them if they surface in distress.

It really surprises me too, because I have been out with HD and they are so anal sometimes. Even on a shallow reef dive in their spiel at the beginning they specifically say if you give a distress signal the hand is coming in the water to get you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom