Moving to Minneapolis, MN.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SleepySlipper

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Was offered a higher position in a new company downtown Minneapolis. I will be trading in my board shorts and t-shirt exposure suit for Maui diving, for a undetermined drysuit:coolsnow:. Hoping to find a technical oriented shop around or near the city prior to leaving island, which may influence where I decide to move next. Also, looking for a dive club to join once I get my feet on the ground!

Big Delta hub to make getting out of town easy.
I hear there are a lot of iron mines.

I have the opposite problem right now. Overnight lows in the 90s, add 25° for the high.

Mines in central and northern part of state. Also north shore of superior with excellent wreck diving. Superior can be cold.
Dry suit not required.

There are several tech shops around the cities, among them Aquaventure Dive and Photo, Air Down There, and Scuba Center's Eagan location.

I'm not aware of any tech-friendly clubs or groups that have any sort of public presence. It is my understanding that there is a fair amount of technical diving that takes place but the groups are close knit and participation is by invitation.

There are no opportunities for technical diving in the metro area. The closest locations where tech dives are conducted are mines in the Brainerd/Crosby area, the mines in the Virginia area, Lake Superior, and Lake Wazee in Wisconsin. Each of these is, roughly, a 3 hour drive from Minneapolis.

Can you tell me the names of the diveable mines near Brainerd? I'd like to Google them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom