G2 display went blank but computer working fine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick Ruberg

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi guys,

Did a dive today with my G2. When checking air and doing all the predict stuff it worked very well. Went down and display was blank. All i had was the left indicator graph showing tank pressure, I noticed that the buttons worked fine and beeped and when I pressed the right most button it dimmed the bar and then brightened it.

What happens when you "hard reboot" it?
(Remove/replace battery)

My first G2 failed...flooded! Scubapro replaced it. I've since sold the other one and went with Shearwater. I wasn't very impressed with it.

when I got out of the water the screen came back to life and it has worked since, It logged the entire dive I did.

I personally wouldn't trust it. What's the point of a blank computer underwater that logs a dive. If it happened once it can happen again...just my thought.

My first one failing on the 4th dive made me feel like it wasn't well built. I lost my trust in it. It could have been a fluke but my trust was gone.

What happens when you "hard reboot" it?
(Remove/replace battery)
The battery isn't user replaceable. If you open the compartment it voids the warranty.

That is disconcerting. Losing your display on a dive would force you to terminate the dive. I would report this to Scubapro and seek their advice. At least you have documented the problem for warranty purposes.

Scubapro are very good with their warranties. According to them they have only seen this happen 3 times. Of course once is one time too many. They are replacing the unit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom