Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First of all, I am the section administrator. Secondly, there isn't anything to debate, unless you have proven scientific facts and documentation to back it up. Lastly, I wasn't trying to start a debate. I was trying to educate an otherwise intelligent person about scientific facts so they didn't repeat pseudo scientific rhetoric. Your welcome!

Last edited:
If you didn't find a cause or enhancing agent, did you by chance find something to kill or suppress it? If so, why would it not be used? (yep, I'm thinking the answer to question 1 is 'no')

We found nothing to suppress K.brevis that is not even more harmful to the environment than K.brevis.

8/5/2018
Service Club
Time 8:45 am
Seas Flat
Water Temp 87
Red Tide Slight
Dead Fish Few on shore, None in water
Vis 6'-10'+
Living things seen 2 Sheepshead, a few crabs, 1 mantis shrimp and 3 jellyfish, got nailed by 1
Finds about 200 small teeth and several shells (now is a good time for shelling they're all empty

Venice Beach was decent today. I was not diving but no irritation even though red tide is still present. East winds helped. Water is clearing.

8/17/2018
Alhambra
Seas Flat
Wind SW @ 5
Water Temp 87
Red Tide Moderate really bad from shore to the sandbar then started to clear
Vis 3'-10'+ better the deeper max depth 24'
Finds usual small stuff and a pole spear

8/17/2018
Alhambra
Seas Flat
Wind SW @ 5
Water Temp 87
Red Tide Moderate really bad from shore to the sandbar then started to clear
Vis 3'-10'+ better the deeper max depth 24'
Finds usual small stuff and a pole spear
Was there a lion fish on the end?

8/20/2018
Service Club
The worst red tide I have seen.The shore line was red and the water felt thick and slimy.
Was hoping it would clear deeper, no luck.
Had to hold my gauges against my mask to see them.
At 20' no light was getting through and it was dark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom