DS160 Supply Chain Availability?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am just kind of curious about the current availability of the DS160 strobes. I know they were on sale at a number of places recently for $649 and I purchased one through Adorama. The day after the sale ended, Adorama sent me an email that they were out of stock and the item was on backorder with no date for when they would have it in. I have waited 3 weeks now and they still aren't providing any expected date for when they will start shipping them. I sent their customer service an email and they said they had not been provided with a date by the manufacturer when they would get any. I am just wondering if there is something going on with the Ikelite end of the supply chain, or is Adorama just not trying very hard? I have a trip coming up in about 3 weeks that I really wanted to have this strobe for, and I would hate to have to cancel the order through them and go buy it somewhere else for a much higher price. Incidentally, they are still selling the strobe on their website...and while showing it as a backorder item now, they obviously think they are going to have them in soon even though they "haven't been provided a date" by the manufacturer. Anybody from Ikelite with any info on how soon they might be shipping more out to Adorama?

AggieDiver,

The DS160 and DS161 strobes are constantly in production due to their high demand. Ikelite Production has informed me that backorders are being filled this week. If you have an order placed with Adorama, they should be receiving it by the middle of next week.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Thanks for the quick response Brett! Now I can go back to trying not to forget all the million other things I need to get done before I go on vacation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom