Starting out with bp&w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Rite has been making and selling longer than anyone. I personally have steel, aluminum and one in abs plastic. ..just depends on what am doing.

Nothing wrong with the single piece webbing harness, I prefer the deluxe padded /adjustable harness that they offer on the trans-plate.

Because they have been selling for so long, it's not hard to find good used ones.

I also have 4 different brands of wings. I like the Dive Rite one the best.
Do you have a Halcyon wing? I doubt it.... :)

Just had to say it...

He didn't ask you, but, which Halcyon wing do you have?
eclipse 30. logged probably 2000 hours in them ish, mostly in the pool. It's not bad, just not my favorite. Haven't used it in probably 4 years? Lives with one of my dive buddies in Raleigh

Last edited:
Just switched to BP/W myself. Trim feels like cheating now. Super comfortable.

I bought the Hollis Elite 2 harness with 45lb LX wing, dumpable weight pockets and stainless backplate. Not DIR but it's pretty great.

Most comfortable diving I've done and very stable in the water. Best part is ditching my weight belt completely. Wish I never bought my jacket style BCD.

Last edited:
eclipse 30. logged probably 2000 hours in them ish, mostly in the pool. It's not bad, just not my favorite.

2,000 hours on a single-tank wing in a pool? Why?

teaching.... probably around 1500-1700 in the pool

That's like Renaissance to Baroque, you must be very tired and old,......... with fingers like dried tubers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom