Safety at Jakarta airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I remember correctly, there is a lounge on the 2nd floor of the airport where you can pay about $39 (or was it $59?) for a pass. It included a free shower, food buffet, comfy chairs, wifi, etc. After I was traveling about the same 30hrs, a shower was like heaven! Showers were extremely clean and refreshing. Bring a change of clothes. Food wasn't too bad either. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the lounge, but it is the only one that you didn't have to pay a membership to use. If you do it, you won't regret it.

I can recommend the grass just near the kope shop and steakhouse down on the ground (basement?) part of the old terminal as a good place for a quick lie down and stretch out...there's a hotel on the second floor if you insist on like, walls doors and a ceiling. Everything's open 24/7.

I use FM7 resort, 2km away from airport. They pick you up and drop you off. Clean, good food.
Yeah good hotel agreed but takes forever to get there and you can see it, be good if you could walk there

I can recommend the grass just near the kope shop and steakhouse down on the ground (basement?) part of the old terminal as a good place for a quick lie down and stretch out...there's a hotel on the second floor if you insist on like, walls doors and a ceiling. Everything's open 24/7.

Get an hour massage that will cost $10 and you can sleep while having it

Thanks for the idea Spudlet :D

Ditto to the Ibis Styles "airport" hotel - a freakin hour in a taxi when I could've walked there in 5 minutes. Gotta love Jakarta traffic.

Thanks for the idea Spudlet :D

Ditto to the Ibis Styles "airport" hotel - a freakin hour in a taxi when I could've walked there in 5 minutes. Gotta love Jakarta traffic.
hahaha aint that the truth

Jakarta airport is very safe like others have said. Both ANA and Batik are in Terminal 2 so you should not need to change terminals. After clearing immigration and collecting bags your main issue will be not being able to check in for the Batik Flight until 1.5-2hrs beforehand. Their service desks may be open however sometimes they will only let you check in for the next flight, so you end up having to wait outside the terminal where there are a few coffee shops, a rather disgusting AW Burger and a circle K convenience store.
Once checked in you can pass into the terminal and find many coffee shops open.

@Wingy - Ibis styles now offers a free shuttle - seriously hoping it does not take an hour as i'm booked in next year!

And always check, check and recheck your gate, especially when it's late at night.

Give it 35 - 45 mins lol depending on time of day...I took it back to the airport.

The new Terminal 3 (international flights and Garuda flights AFAIK) is very nice! Some very comfy reclining / dentist type chairs if you want a snooze further down near the departure gates.

full.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom