Which area is DIN valve popular at?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Except in the US, when you dive in cold water, you'll mostly see DIN valves.

And I agree, it's so much nicer to have a 10lx300b steel than a big 12l or 15l !

Just get a din yoke converter and then you don’t need to know where it’s used
If your reg is yoke, you might opt to avoid 300 bar tanks...

From what I have seen DIN is in Europe and the Middle East, as well as Russia as mentioned earlier so I would expect you to find It in that regional connected area. I have seen a small percentage of yoke tanks here in the Middle East and most tanks are convertible here where I am.
DIN is of course popular in US cave country and anywhere you find tech divers and I am going to go out on a limb and say you are going find it used with your inland "local" divers in the US who own tanks. When I am back home in central PA you will find DIN growing in popularity among the more serious divers.
I have DIN regulators and travel with them without problem. I always travel with my adapter but haven't needed it even in places like the Caribbean that is normally a yoke area due to the popularity of pro valves. Just call ahead and ask for a DIN tank and it is usually no problem.
I have found DIN gives we the most options and flexibility. If I have an adapter I can connect to ANY scuba tank. You can't say that about yoke regs.

I have found DIN gives we the most options and flexibility. If I have an adapter I can connect to ANY scuba tank. You can't say that about yoke regs.
CAN! see above: Which area is DIN valve popular at?
adaptateur-din-etrier-jpg.453245.jpg

But it bigger sized and not so comfortable.

View attachment 472672
But it bigger sized and not so comfortable.

That is a fill adapter to fill a DIN tank with a yoke connection. They are not designed for use in water. It rotates the 1st stage on its side so the hoses are not going the right direction and you are right, it would not be comfortable.
Yes, you can do it, but you should not.
That being said, I have seen one being used before and it appeared to work but I did not ask how well it worked.

I have a DIN and if I travel i take it to my shop and he swaps it over to yoke for me. I don't like the adapter then the reg sticks out and I hit my head on it. Takes him about a min to swap it over.

Back
Top Bottom