Mantis M1 Button replacment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update! So I just used a pair of pliers and popped the buttons out. The two that were not working at all had rusty corrosion on them like the photo posted above. I bathed them in Metal Rescue solvent and used a wire brush to scrub all the corrosion off. I decided to go ahead and clean the 2 good buttons while I was in the mood. The 2 bad buttons took a couple attempts but after a few minutes I was able to get all four buttons to work again. I hope this helps. It saved me lots of $$$ :)

Hey Hitham... I'm having trouble with my buttons not working either. How did you remove the buttons to check for corrosion? Also, this may help with the rusting... Home Depot sells a product called Metal Rescue that will remove rust corrosion and just about make anything that was rusted like new again. That's what I plan on doing if my buttons have rust (if I can get the buttons removed.)

Thanks

you can remove the buttons by simply pulling them out with any tool u like.. but cleanin the buttons and removing the rust is pointless unless u're extremely lucky.. the magnets once rusted their power will change thus the computer can't tell if the button pressed or not and needs recalibration.. all you can do at this point by yourself is take of all the buttons and after cleaning start playing with different combination until you get lucky and some buttons start working :(

I'm not sure if Scubapro would approve of my suggestion, but it may be a good idea to spray a bit of WD40 on the buttons after and even before a dive. The WD stands for "Water Displacement" and the 40 apparently was the 40th attempt before they got it right. The stuff was invented in the 50's and used on the Atlas missile outer shell to protect is from corrosion and rust (a bit of history). The only problem is your wrist will smell a bit if you wear your computer immediately after applying the WD40. But it may help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom