Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was thinking of diving the bridge today. Can anyone comment on the viz from this past weekend?

Read a report that yesterday viz was about 10' with lots of particulates in the water column. Still green and water temp 79.

Going again today..we'll see

me in action
Scuba-guinea-573d82f78c0e8__880.jpg

Hey Mr Troll,

How about the morning tide on Sat, Nov 24,'18. The morning hi tide is 8:44am. If we do the night hi tide, we still need to be out of the park by 10pm....

Even though I have not been to the bridge in two years, or been on the ScubaBoard for the same amount of time (divorce/taking care of mom), I received a request to come back to ScubaBoard and become active again...

I took that request seriously, and propose something that we all used to enjoy... Saturday, after Thanksgiving dive that we all used to enjoy for many years...

This year, November, 24 2018 shows a high tide time of 8:53 PM (I am sure I can get a permit for a night dive), and we can enjoy the day together!

In the past, this has been a potluck event, and I would love to keep it that way for this event.

Let me know if you are interested in keeping this tradition alive, and what you will be bringing to the event...

This is my attempt to become active again on ScubaBoard, so forward this as you see fit... Thanks!
BHB ScubaTroll...

Viz still marginal offshore, warm water tho...

Hey Mr Troll,

How about the morning tide on Sat, Nov 24,'18. The morning hi tide is 8:44am. If we do the night hi tide, we still need to be out of the park by 10pm....
You are correct, we should do the morning dive and use a pavillion for the day to have fun

Wow, hard to believe the updates here are over a month old. So the question is:

What is the status of the BHB? I have had about a 2 year absence of students and diving in general. I think I just want to go there by myself during the week. Sargassum report?

Wow, hard to believe the updates here are over a month old. So the question is:

What is the status of the BHB? I have had about a 2 year absence of students and diving in general. I think I just want to go there by myself during the week. Sargassum report?
I skipped BHB in 2017 cause it got so crowded that dive flag lines entangled like spider webs. Am skipping this season too. Florida needs couple more bridges like BHB...

@jar546 I go regularly as I am fairly close by. Was there Friday...vis was about 20' 1 hour pre HT. Very crowded for a weekday. I don't go on weekends due to crowds (unless in cooler winter months).
Seaweed present, but not bad.
As far as crowds in water...go when and where other divers don't.

@jar546 I go regularly as I am fairly close by. Was there Friday...vis was about 20' 1 hour pre HT. Very crowded for a weekday. I don't go on weekends due to crowds (unless in cooler winter months).
Seaweed present, but not bad.
As far as crowds in water...go when and where other divers don't.
I'm OK with the "where" part, but what does your "when" part suggest? Diving in low tide or in between the tides or in winter time when the waters are much colder?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom