Innerkip Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fraserpenny

Registered
Reaction score
just looking for some details on innerkip quarry, is it still available for diving? Is there a fee to dive there? What’s vis like? Has anyone dove it this year?
Thanks

Viz is typically poor, almost always less than 10 ft. I haven't dived it in a couple of years. I recall spring and fall could be better viz but it really depends on rainfall and OW classes.

The last I heard admission was $8/pp.

There is lots of neat sunk junk in there. Search for a map and bring your compass but be prepared for some disappointment. You can easily be off by 15ft when using a compass and with typically poor viz you wouldn't even see it as you passed it.

I recommend Gullivers for a conventional quarry. It was about $6 for entry when I stopped going two years ago. It's viz is better, also dependent on students.

But for a real treat see if you can get into Dolime Quarry (north of the 401 on hwy 24.) It's private but Groundhog Divers in KW has exclusive access. Call them to arrange a pass. There is no standard open time, like the other quarries, but it's usually open for a weekend morning or two and Thursdays at 5pm. Viz is often 50 ft or more. It's mostly 35 ft but has a 90 ft deep end.

Come out and join the social after the dive at Dolime to meet divers and ask questions. Look for me, I'm there unless I'm away diving.

agree interslop is not worth the trouble

I was out at Innerkip last Sunday. Admission is $10. Visibility was about 5 feet, temp on the bottom 52 F. In addition to the interesting junk, there are also lots of fish, especially on the slope along the east side.

Viz is typically poor, almost always less than 10 ft. I haven't dived it in a couple of years. I recall spring and fall could be better viz but it really depends on rainfall and OW classes.

The last I heard admission was $8/pp.

There is lots of neat sunk junk in there. Search for a map and bring your compass but be prepared for some disappointment. You can easily be off by 15ft when using a compass and with typically poor viz you wouldn't even see it as you passed it.

I recommend Gullivers for a conventional quarry. It was about $6 for entry when I stopped going two years ago. It's viz is better, also dependent on students.

But for a real treat see if you can get into Dolime Quarry (north of the 401 on hwy 24.) It's private but Groundhog Divers in KW has exclusive access. Call them to arrange a pass. There is no standard open time, like the other quarries, but it's usually open for a weekend morning or two and Thursdays at 5pm. Viz is often 50 ft or more. It's mostly 35 ft but has a 90 ft deep end.

Come out and join the social after the dive at Dolime to meet divers and ask questions. Look for me, I'm there unless I'm away diving.

Do they ever do group dives? I'm based out of Toronto but want to get back in the water and meet some people who do local-ish diving. Looking to ease back into it a bit since I need some drysuit practice. Looks like Dolime is only an hour and a bit from my place downtown...

Back
Top Bottom