Kaimana to Denpasar - How?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scorpiofish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are on the Damai in March, Sorong to Triton Bay. We handled our own flights to Sorong. I have no idea how to get from Kaimana to Denpasar. I have emailed Damai three times and have not heard a word; no reply whatsoever. Communication has been hell since Simon and Andrina left. Despite 14 trips to Indonesia, I have not been to Triton Bay. So, Indo veterans, how do I get back to Bali?

Fly. Take a plane from KNG to DPS.
Go here and put in your dates.
Book cheap flights from Kaimana (KNG) to Denpasar, Bali (DPS)
You'll probably find you puddle-jump back to Sorong, then stop in Makassar on the way to DPS.
Did you not even try to find a flight? Or is your question something other than what you asked?

I looked at a couple of sites trying to figure out the route back. I couldn't come up with KNG-DPS and had to start trying to piece each leg. Then I start worrying that, oh, should have booked xxx airline that wasn't on the site that I was looking at, or miss a better route through Manado or somewhere else, etc.

Thanks for the link.

Hi Scorpiofish

If you look at Nusatrip.com you will be able to get a flight or at least a good route from KNG-DPS. probably the best is KNG-AMQ-UPG-DPS. Lion used to do daily flights from KNG-AMQ and Garuda had flights 3 times a week to AMQ from Ambon you should be able to hop through to bali in the same day, not actually done it as I was usually flying out from Jakarta but the connection times would have worked for Bali flights.

We are on Damai 1 March 22nd-2nd April 2019, doing Kaimana-Sorong, maybe the trip after you ;-) Our group are coming in from Jakarta and taking CGK-UPG-SOQ-KNG with Batik / Wings, booked through nusatrip. We originally booked directly with Garuda from Jakarta via Ambon but then they cancelled the AMQ-KNG flight on us! So we changed. I've used nusatrip load of times for my own indo domestic flights and for our groups... never had an issue.

The Garuda cancellation left 2 of our guests a bit stuck as they were intending to be in Ambon before the cruise, but they are now diving Lembeh instead and coming into Kaimana a day before the rest of us. I emailed the Damai office about the flight changes and asked for hotel options in Kaimana, Melvin came back to me within a day with some hotel ideas and prices, sorry your experience wasn't the same...maybe he's on vacation or it was public holiday in Bali?

best of luck and maybe see you in Kaimana!
Susie

Thanks. I was looking at tiket2.com and it doesn't show all the same flights as nusatrip. Getting to Sorong was easy, booked all the way through from Hong Kong via Jakarta.

Back
Top Bottom