Will Smattrak be updated to work with Widows 10?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdoug1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Smarttrak was great, and I have thousands of dives logged on it. If you are not updating, will you put out a program that will properly transfer my dives to Logtrak.? I am feeling abandoned by Scubapro with respect to this issue.

Smarttrak was great, and I have thousands of dives logged on it. If you are not updating, will you put out a program that will properly transfer my dives to Logtrak.? I am feeling abandoned by Scubapro with respect to this issue.
Why bother with Scubapro LogTrak?? Compared to SmartTrak it is a none starter. LogTrak is almost as bad as Suunto Dive Manager 5. SmartTrak is extremely versatile and enables you to include a great deal of information. However, if really want comprehensive dive log software you should try www.divinglog.de This is an amazing product which "speaks" to virtually all dive computers currently on the market.

Why bother with Scubapro LogTrak?? Compared to SmartTrak it is a none starter. LogTrak is almost as bad as Suunto Dive Manager 5. SmartTrak is extremely versatile and enables you to include a great deal of information. However, if really want comprehensive dive log software you should try www.divinglog.de This is an amazing product which "speaks" to virtually all dive computers currently on the market.
Keith, you are missing the point. Smarttrack is great and was very happy with it BUT it does not function well with Windows 10.

I would not expect an official response here as their last rep seems to be MIA after 2016,

I've had Smartrak function fine with Win10....except:
1. When Win10 first came out the infrared interface had been DELIBERATELY removed by Microsoft. Not a Smartrak problem, but very frustrating. MS fixed it about 6 months later after massive customer feedback pressure.
2. I did a fresh install of Win10 ver. 1703. Smartrak would not work.
Tried version 1709, Smarttrak would not work.
Exhausted the pathetic customer support personnel at Scubapro trying to figure the problem out. Sigh.
Went ALL THE WAY BACK TO WIN7 (on the same PC), and it worked. Upgraded to Win10 ver 1709 and it continued to work. No idea why, neither does Scubapro.
They aren't as poor as Suunto, but they are working on it. (Wife has a Suunto Vyper Air-computer is OK, DM5 is pathetic and support is miserable to non-existent)

I'm a Mac user and I ended up with this solution:
1: Use BootCamp to install Windows 10
(did not work with 1607 build of Windows 10)
2: Updated Windows 10 to latest version
3: Set SmartTrak to run as Administrator and compatibility mode set to Windows 95 and

There is a slight lag in the program starting up, but everything functions great now. I'm using a Mac Air running High Sierra 10.13.2

I have not tested SmartTrak on a clean PC install running it in compatibility mode but this may fix others having issues with Windows 10.

The problem most people are experiencing wasn't an issue with the Infrared device. I was posting a fix for SmartTrak crashing when trying to launch.
The USB device you posted is lower cost.. Kudos for finding that and thanks for sharing.

SmartTRAK works just fine with Windows 10 on my computer. I did have to get a generic reader but it was cheap and worked as soon as I plugged it in the first time.
Infrared USB Adapter IRDA for Dive Computer Scuba USB infrared interface 820799706330 | eBay

I bought a much less expensive IRDA by Rohs that has worked fine with Windows 7 but I refuse to test it with that awful virus Windows 10 that Microsoft installed on my laptop after I repeatedly refused to get the "upgrade."

Back
Top Bottom