Gear setup requirements by agency

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not intending to go full hogarthian lol, at least not just yet, but I do know that I won't dive PADI standard setup as all my previous training was on primary donate.

I did all my PADI classes, besides OW, in full hogarthian. Not a problem. :)

If you read your PADI training materials carefully you may see that primary donate is one of the options.

I'm a PADI DM. When assisting on classes, I am in a twinset, complete with long hose primary donate. As is the instructor.

Thx I did read that but it also states the only option that will be taught is Octo which gives the impression of a preference or possibly even a standard. The reality is that LDS have to stock gear for rental and classes and standardisation makes sense. My question was essentially has that standardisation become ingrained to a point of inflexibility. The experiences related suggest it has not and that's what I was looking for.

If you read your PADI training materials carefully you may see that primary donate is one of the options.

You are thinking about your gear configuration, and asking some good questions. A good instructor will welcome the opportunity to work with a student like you, who does that. Please let us know through the thread how your re-certification goes.

Back
Top Bottom