Spearfishing bullshark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunate encounter. Shows how well sharks blend in with the environment and attack with stealth and speed. The spearo was skilled and lucky. Glad the diver is okay, but I feel sad for the shark.

Last edited:
I have only spearfished once. Two tanks scuba diving. I haven't run into one yet while spearing. It was def super fun.

Lucky diver. It is unfortunate about the shark, but that was clearly not a "just want to see what you're up to" approach. I think the below comment from Youtube nailed it.

It is strange that the diver did not drown, considering the weight of his balls.

Unfortunate for the shark, but personally if it comes down to a "my life or his" situation I'm not taking one for the team. I just try not to let it get to that point.

The one time I had a bull shark make a run at me I picked it up at a range of about 50 ft and swam straight at it. That got it to back down, although it didn't seem to be closing at the rate the shark was in this video.

i did a non feeding bullshark dive in playa del carmen. The sharks were surprisingly chill. I did have two come directly at me and veer off at maybe 4-5 to meters. Nowhere near as fast as this shark just leisure like swim.

Full play by play interview with the Aussie spearo who survived the bull shark attack unscathed. Unreal that people wish violence upon him and his family. My only point of contention is that standing on the coral is a bad choice. Anchoring a float as a rest station is the way to go. Definitely self-defense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom