Bought an air compressor...21% fills for now...concerns?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An
Even "professional dive shops" sometimes get it wrong. I recently heard a rumour about bad tank fills that were blamed on an idling diesel delivery truck in the alley behind the shop.

And how do you know this wasn't the case?
Even the best filter won't filter CO

Sure. And if you don't understand the possible issues I'm sure there isn't anything that could possibly go wrong. Right?
Ok, who do you trust to be in charge of your life. A minimum wager earner or yourself?

I have no problem with people accepting risks to accomplish something, but if you don't know and understand the risks that exist with what you want to do and potential ways to reduce these then you can't accept them or mitigate them. You are only ignoring them.
Did you ever hear of anybody who got a bad fill from a dive shop? How do you mitigate that?

An

All scuba compressor filters turn CO to CO2.

Actually that is pretty much what they are meant to remove, along with moisture.

Why don’t we make this pissing contest into something useful and start a list of known hazards and controls relating to compressors.

That would severely reduce the current level of entertainment provided...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom