FP trip with some diving mixed in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BronxJoe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife & I are celebrating our 25th anniversary in French Polynesia. We will be a small family group & 3 of us would like to do some diving even though this is not mainly a dive trip. We will be staying in Tahiti, Bora Bora & Moorea. I know these are not the most noted dive locations in French Polynesia, but we would like to make the best of our diving opportunities .Can anyone recommend Dive Ops & particular dives for these locations ?

The first time I went to Bora Bora, I was a really new diver and we did two dives. First, we went outside the lagoon where there is a lemon shark that gets pretty close. It's used to being fed. Second, we went to the manta dive inside the lagoon and it was great!! My first experience with these giant creatures. Please note that *I* did not take these photos, but did pay the dive op for them. Since I was such a new diver, I wasn't comfortable with brining something bigger than a GoPro and that thing did not take good photos.

14502086803_420afc066d_b.jpg

11313079256_1dd29eeaaa_b.jpg

I've been to FP three times now and I love that country. Have a great time!

For Bora Bora I can vouch for Eleuthera diving, had a good service. Anau usually is a must dive spot due to being an easy dive with quite few manta rays around, but don't expect crystal clear waters, I had a 10 metres viz in April, no more. Went also to Toopua canyon and spotted some eagle rays which was nice, but I was not thrilled to be honest.

@BronxJoe in Moorea we dove with Moorea Fun Dive, had a great time. Christian and Marie were great, we did our open water referral dives with them and then a series of dives after.

We did a drift dive in the lagoon to check out the Spotted Eagle Rays, Lemon shark Valley on the outside of the reef near the mouth of Opunohu bay and then the canyons dive which was also at the mouth of the bay. I'd dive with them again in a sec (looking forward to doing so in a few months possibly).

Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom