SPG / high pressure hoses leaking @ coupling.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aiian

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right spot to ask this but here goes... forgive me if I mess up some of the terminology, I'm still a n0ob.

My son and I did a quick test dive in the pool today with some new gear. I noticed a small leak coming from the SPG so I pulled it off, uninstalled/reinstalled it and now I've got a big leak coming from the fitting.

It looks like the fitting has a sleeve that has a lot of play in it and that's where the air is leaking.

It *seems* like maybe the male end of the gauge should be a little longer (rimshot) so that it puts pressure on the leave thus seating everything nice and tight but that doesn't explain why there was a tiny leak to begin with and now a much larger leak...

...or there was supposed to be a little compression fitting (think liquid plumbing) that I lost somewhere along the way.

Any ideas?

There is a little thing called a spool that goes on end of gauge before hose is fitted. Wonder if that’s the issue.

411305-c6f0111a8454b1a6d3e42ee7971d7d45.jpg

Attachments

• spg.jpg
    spg.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 72
I def. don't have any thing like that.

I'm guessing my LDS would have one?
You need one and your LDS will have it if they service gear.

Your photo is perfectly normal, the spool does the magic.

Okay. Thanks.

One more question, Teflon tape on the threads or no?

No, the spool does all the work

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom