Goodbye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We can always switch to making fun of something else -

"he's a medic and so's his partner - they're PARAMEDICS?" ha ha ha

Lawman:
I've been around since dirt.

Lawman was around when the Dead Sea was only Sick!

Randy43068:
I've got pride, ingegrity and am getting the GUT. :)

Would that be from liking donuts a little too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

DandyDon:
Now, that could be taken either way? I'll assume the nicer one.

I've always been grateful for law officers when I needed one, and try to be so when I don't. Gawd, can you imagine this world without them. I'd have to go back to carrying my own arms, and become a better shot!
You would be correct!

getwet2:
Randy43068
I've got pride, ingegrity and am getting the GUT. :)
QUOTE]

Would that be from liking donuts a little too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Did I mention that I'm only GETTING the gut? Not that I have much of one, mind you.

Ya know, I really don't like them. Well OK, I like a Krispy Kreme now and again, but not often.

Speaking of the gut, I'll have you know that I'm working diligently at the Y twice a week to make what there is of it go away. I hafta get in better shape for the Divemaster torture tests next spring.

... who didn't want to post her question for fear of ridicule.
I get a lot of emails & PMs from folks that are on the shy side, especially when it comes to having english as a second (or 3rd, 4th, etc) language.
The boards can be a rough place sometimes when folks forget the #1 rule: Post as if your mother were reading it.

Keep in mind that the "internet" is already being archived, and your posts could be read hundreds of years from now, with folks thinking ''geeze, that person was a real ...''

Wendy,

Believe it or not, I have grown a lot as a diver due to your input as a scubaboard member. I have also grown a lot due to every one elses input to the board. I never take what's on the board as gosple. Usually I will run it by other divers that I have confidence in and get their input on the subject matter. Sometimes it something they have never considered or forgot a long time ago. So no matter what is posted on the board a mature person should not accept it as fact with out some investigation. Sometimes when a lot of other scuba board members agree on the same facts that is enough of proof for concidering it a fact. No one statement should be considered right or wrong on it's self.

Wendy your contribution will be missed.

Wendy,

Sorry to see you go. I can relate to a lot of what you posted. I guess I'm still here because you can't let the inmates run the asylum!

See ya on the dark side!

chepar:
Hey Socal!!! It's been a while since I've "seen" you around! :luxhello:

Yup, I am no longer lonely in paradise - and it's great. :D

This thread got me kind of nostalgic yesterday, and I started thinking of everyone that I don't see posting anymore. I wish some would come back, too.
You can go into the member gallery and PM them. I PM'd a couple people that hadn't been around in a while and they had just gotten busy and were happy to say hi, seemed pleased to have their absence noticed, even though it wasn't intentionally done to get noticed.
If I ever run out of things to read and learn, I tell myself that I'm going back into the gallery and shake a few more missing members out.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom