Basic Nitrox O2 Analyzer Choice

Which of these gives the best Value for $ over the life of the product. (i.e. replacement sensors)?

• Nuvair O2 Quickstick Oxygen Analyzer

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Nuvair Pro O2 Analyzer - Handheld

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Analox O2EII Pro Nitrox Analyzer

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Maxtec MAXO2 + Oxygen Analyzer

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Maxtec "Handi"+ Hand Held Oxygen Analyzer

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Palm D Oxygen Analyzer

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • DiveNav Nitroxbuddy

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • EL Cheapo II Analyzer Kit

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are we sure its not possible to dona arduino O2 and CO analyzer for less 150$ i mean u can do clearly more features on it...

easily possible if you want to do it, but not with the sensors. You're in for about $150 in just sensors, then arduino, screen, case, etc. You need to be able to accurately read less than 5ppm of CO and those sensors aren't cheap. So $150 to do the arduino, screen, case, battery, programming. Sure, you can do it, question is is it worth it. If you say yes, then I'll be real excited, but ask you add a sonic He sensor to it, then the tech divers will be buying them

I have the Palm and it has worked great. Bought it at a really good deal at DEMA. You can replace the sensor yourself. I know several folks that have them and none have had any issues.

easily possible if you want to do it, but not with the sensors. You're in for about $150 in just sensors, then arduino, screen, case, etc. You need to be able to accurately read less than 5ppm of CO and those sensors aren't cheap. So $150 to do the arduino, screen, case, battery, programming. Sure, you can do it, question is is it worth it. If you say yes, then I'll be real excited, but ask you add a sonic He sensor to it, then the tech divers will be buying them

Indeed sensors would cost the most, which CO sensors are they using ?

I was more think it would worth more to DIY your own project where you totally can manage how you want to build it., and all depend of your own ideas.
You are coding your own software, of course it might not be highly usefull where divers only need to know accurate O2% and He%
but your version will clearly bring more features on it.

You can add moisture sensor, CO2 sensor, Temperature outside/gas sensor, Barometric pressure sensor, etc
You can build up your own DIY Home Station Air Monitoring, without to mention additional O2/He
Why not a wireless recheargeable battery or even solar battery,
Why not GPS,
Why not sync with smartphone or cloud server, by Wifi or Bluetooth
Why not a printer to print your gas analysis and paste it into your divelog books,
Why not add a Personal Filter directly into a Pelican box (dunno) to fill up

That one is cool:
Nuvair Pro 4 Warn Alarm Analyzer | Nuvair us$ 4 400
If you read manual / specs you can see how it's inside.

Now your DIY version won't have certifications or something else; but it quite a big interesting project even for educational purpose only.

How many people have their own analyzer? I ask because Im recently nitrox certified and the dive boat had an analyzer to use and then fill out their paperwork. Is there an added benefit besides using the potentially annoying and crappy one the dive boat has?

I got my own after I went diving in Hawaii. One day, we were going out on a different boat than the shop's usual. I met the DM from the shop at the marina. He brought our tanks. He did not bring an analyzer. The boat did not have one, either. I had to choose whether to dive unanalyzed Nitrox tanks or use Air. I used Air.

I bought an Analox when I got home. That was about 3 years ago. I bought a small Pelican case to keep it in. I used a $5 can of expanding spray foam from Lowe's to make the interior of the case custom fit for the analyzer. I put a Sensor Saver plug in the analyzer between trips. I checked the calibration on it last week with 100% O2 and it is still good.

Built two of my own. They work great and cost a lot less. Besides, now I fully understand why they work and how to fix them if they have problems.

Wow. I just looked at the voting. Amazingly it pretty much coincides with what I feel as far as "want" goes. I have been favoring the two high vote getters and the backup choices are the next higher models. This makes me feel better about my analysis. I had totally missed the El Cheapo, but it seems to be getting a fair amount of support.

Thanks. Btw I haven't pulled the trigger yet so please keep voting.

Thanks again and Cheers -

There really isn't too much to an analyzer. It basically boils down to the ease of using the unit and how hard is it to replace the sensor, battery and their replacement cost.

Can you change the sensor and battery as easily with the Analox as with the Palm D ?

Back
Top Bottom