New instructor here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everybody’s got to start somewhere, and getting early training and a “further education” resource of reading about other people’s “teachable moments” on Scubaboard is a place to start.
If fact, I am hoping that you will commit to writing up interesting stories about all the different students and situations that you encounter, because I am sure you are going to get some surprises, and we can all learn as you continue to learn.
I should mention that this is my 30th year Diving, but my attitude is that I am a permanent Noob, thus my stated dive number. The learning never stops.

On the other hand, I became an instructor with just over 120 dives and now I have over 6000. And I haven’t taught in almost 20 years, aside from specialties.

Welcome to the pond, ducky. There is some outstanding wheat here, but ya gotta sift through some chaff.

Just approved them.

Is it possible to join the Divemaster group (I qualify) without having Divemaster appear under my avatar?
Yes, your Scubaboard Supporter title will trump the DM one. If you have any issues let me know and I’ll set it back for you.

Supporter also let’s you have a custom title.

Oh Joy !

120 dives in 9 Years and now an INSTRUCTOR !

Pease do not return to California remain some where in the far east.

Samuel Miller, 111
Lol...a bit harsh on the lad, no?

As I said I have more dives than that. Those are the ones I logged untill about a year ago I wasn't keeping and accurate log because I was a teenager and didn't plan to go professional. Thank you for your input but I think I'll disregard you as a troll who has nothing better to do than be sarcastic rather than actually have constructive criticism.

“The wait is over your new instructor is here“

No thanks. I am perfectly happy to continue waiting........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom