Any Recent Anacapa Reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mystaadam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going out this weekend to Anacapa and curious if anyone's been recently? How are the conditions?

I was out at Santa Cruz last month and viz was horrendous. Hoping for vastly different results this time around. Any info would be appreciated :) thanks!

Going out this weekend to Anacapa and curious if anyone's been recently? How are the conditions?

I was out at Santa Cruz last month and viz was horrendous. Hoping for vastly different results this time around. Any info would be appreciated :) thanks!
30+ feet of viz at Anacapa last weekend. Check this out daily and see how things are looking. This is an underwater kelp camera at Landing Cove, Anacapa- looks pretty sweet to me: Kelp Forest Cam - live underwater video from Anacapa Island | Explore.org

Thanks for that link, Trailboss. I will follow it every day between now and Sept 2 when I am doing my trip there!

Just checked it. It does look like pretty nice conditions.

30+ feet of viz at Anacapa last weekend. Check this out daily and see how things are looking. This is an underwater kelp camera at Landing Cove, Anacapa- looks pretty sweet to me: Kelp Forest Cam - live underwater video from Anacapa Island | Explore.org

Quick update - Was one of those days that reminds me why I go diving. Great conditions, water temp was perfect, lovely viz and had my first encounter with the ever elusive Giant Black Sea Bass. When I have more time later this week, I'll post a full report with some pics.

Quick update - Was one of those days that reminds me why I go diving. Great conditions, water temp was perfect, lovely viz and had my first encounter with the ever elusive Giant Black Sea Bass. When I have more time later this week, I'll post a full report with some pics.
Love it!!

Dove with Spectre on Sunday. First site was Pelican Rock. I would call viz at 40 even though captain said 80.. was very pretty though. Zero current. The next two sites White Cliff and Canyons were more like 20-40 depending on where you were on the site. The last site had a little current if you were outside the kelo zone. Bottom temp was 70 all day. Was a fun day for sure. Here are some pics of the White Cliff site.

IMG_7121.jpg
IMG_7125.jpg
IMG_7129_01.jpg
IMG_7135.jpg

Dove with Spectre on Sunday. First site was Pelican Rock. I would call viz at 40 even though captain said 80.. was very pretty though. Zero current. The next two sites White Cliff and Canyons were more like 20-40 depending on where you were on the site. The last site had a little current if you were outside the kelo zone. Bottom temp was 70 all day. Was a fun day for sure. Here are some pics of the White Cliff site.

What was your max depth at these sites? Bottom temp of 70 sounds nice and warm. Probably not so great for the kelp though. Great pics too by the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom