Any equipment buying regrets ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Ocean Master Titanium Dive Knife. Thought it was pretty cool at the time. Totally unnecessary.

I probably would have bought a BP/W had I got on this board before buying my Hydros Pro. Nothing wrong with it other than being expensive as h. I also bought a cressi Vigo knife. Too big. Not practical.

Split fins.

They actually ended up splitting on me so I had a good reason to buy real nice fins.
So did mine. I won them at a "Treasure Hunt", but the shop replaced the split one free of charge (new pair from the manufacturer). Still use that pair.

Only mistake that stands out is buying a brand new steel 120 tank when I got OW cert. Great once you're in the water, but some of my dives back then involved a fair bit of geared up walking. Sold it and now have just 4 AL80s.

Plenty of neoprene products. Gloves, hoods especially. Tough to find good neoprene. Replaced with K01 hoods and Scubapro seamless gloves.

Air integrated computer. Almost immediately outgrew it. Normal brass and glass SPG is what’s up.

Liquivision Xen. Great interface, terrible quality. Shearwater rocks.

Seconded on the Xen. Great design but now totally unsupported and effectively obsolete. Getting a Shearwater Perdix when my Xen batteries finally run out.

Seconded on the Xen. Great design but now totally unsupported and effectively obsolete. Getting a Shearwater Perdix when my Xen batteries finally run out.
I had Xen #34. Very early adopter. The screen died and was suuuuper dim.

LV offered a replacement for $150, but reports were that the new ones were failing too. Sad. So much potential.

I had Xen #34. Very early adopter. The screen died and was suuuuper dim.

LV offered a replacement for $150, but reports were that the new ones were failing too. Sad. So much potential.

The screen problems (mine is number 5382) never really got sorted out. Last few dives my screen was getting dim and not turning on very quickly. Tap responsiveness was also deteriorating. Too bad, really, I liked the simplicity of just a bottom timer, but it seems the market for that as a stand-alone product is pretty limited.

The screen problems (mine is number 5382) never really got sorted out. Last few dives my screen was getting dim and not turning on very quickly. Tap responsiveness was also deteriorating. Too bad, really, I liked the simplicity of just a bottom timer, but it seems the market for that as a stand-alone product is pretty limited.
That’s a bummer.

Xeo was a good unit in principle and was comparable in a lot of ways to a petrel 1. Now though with the Perdix and offerings from Garmin and Ratio it wouldn’t be able to compete.

49F5CC83-3E20-4B2F-868C-CFFB2BAF3CAD.jpeg
This... ultra high volume, scratchable plastic and... as you see

Back
Top Bottom