Your preferred regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cold water- Apeks DS4 DIN with XTX50
Warm water- ScubaPro Mk25 Yoke with S600/G250v

Apeks DS4 + XTX50 at the moment

AquaLung Legend LX Supreme

I also like the AL version of the Comfobite mouthpiece much better than the Apeks one on the XTX50s I have for SM.

regs in order ish

Genesis GS2000-first reg bought, currently being used by one of my buddies. It was cheap and came with some other gear I was needing so no regrets there. Don't have it, wouldn't purchase that particular one again, but it's a good reg. Sold it pretty quick and never actually used it myself because I bought the regs before I got a screaming deal on some PST HP tanks that were 300bar DIN.

Apeks DST/ATX50's-Bought those so I could use my newly purchased tanks. Sold probably 6 months later because I got a good deal on a set of sidemount regs and sold these for what I paid for the sidemount regs. No regrets with these.

HOG D1 set referenced above-sold to a buddy because I'd switched to Poseidon's and wasn't using them. He needed a new set of regs, liked these, and I think I sold them for almost what I paid for them.
Apeks Tek3-got a screaming deal on them, promptly sold, didn't like the first stages.

After those it gets a little convoluted and I can't really remember the specific order.
I currently own
5x MK25 first stages, purchased cheap for hose routing in sidemount. 2x in use with sidemount, 2x on rebreather, 1x with my FFM
2x MK20 first stages, same as above, using for doubles with Jetstream seconds
4x MK10 first stages for same-these have 109 second stages on them

somewhere around a dozen Poseidon 3790's that came as parts of screaming deals with Jetstream seconds and a couple 2960's that are used for stage/deco bottles.
No regrets on any of them

Argonaut Kraken for a few reasons but am using it for my primary single tank rig

In terms of my favorite regulators, I think the Poseidon Xstream MK3 is the best reg on the market, just wish they were as cheap as the Jetstreams

My favorites are in this order

1) Scubapro MK10/D350 - this thing was bulletproof and breathed like silk
2) Scubapro MK10/G200B - Nearly a tie with number one
3/4) Scubapro MK25/G260 Atomic B2, these are my current backgas regs and I would rank them equally. They are great, but don't quite match the effortless breathing of the older ScubaPros.

Scubapro Mk10/G250 (several)
Atomic Aquatics B2

Mares MR-22 Abyss (Mares Proton Metal octo)
It has never missed a beat or free flowed up here in the cold Great Lakes in 17 years.
I like that it breathes easy top to bottom without any knobs or levers to fiddle around with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom