Video Cozumel April 2018 with Tres Pelicanos (3P’s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice vid! How did I miss this the first time around?

What was the water temps? Full wet suits with hoodies:poke:

Nice vid! How did I miss this the first time around?

What was the water temps? Full wet suits with hoodies:poke:

Actually those are hooded vests. Just checked my computer. The temperatures went from 82 all the way down to a frigid 80 degrees. BURRRRRR! Yes, we are major wimps. We’re also NOT Canadians. We were freezing two months earlier during our February Cozumel trip wearing the same exposure protection. Let the abuse begin.......:(

Awesome video...particularly loved the close up of the Rock Beauty and the aggressive little damsel fish. If they grew to 5 lbs the ocean would be a very dangerous place. The Pearly Jawfish shot was really nice too. They are so skittish, it takes some patience and good buoyancy to get that shot. How did you stay so still with the obvious cross current?

I usually am in a 3 mil shorty in Cozumel, my wife sometimes in just a swimsuit. You wear what keeps you comfortable! #yournotawimp

For 15? years I've been diving Cozumel in a 3MM full any time of year. Our past 2 December trips I got chilled (maybe it is because I was diving the same suit for 15 years that I just couldn't give up?). Well, regardless the wife and I purchased new 5MM full suits for our December trip that is coming. I guess we have to add a little more weight (or maybe a lot more) to get down on day 1 with these but I have dreams of staying toasty warm in these new suits. Initially I ordered a 7/5 hooded vest with the intention of wearing that under my old 3MM but lets just say I have a big head and that full hood was not for me so it was returned. We'll see how this new full 5MM and my 3MM tropic beanie work this December.

Awesome video...particularly loved the close up of the Rock Beauty and the aggressive little damsel fish. If they grew to 5 lbs the ocean would be a very dangerous place. The Pearly Jawfish shot was really nice too. They are so skittish, it takes some patience and good buoyancy to get that shot. How did you stay so still with the obvious cross current?

I usually am in a 3 mil shorty in Cozumel, my wife sometimes in just a swimsuit. You wear what keeps you comfortable! #yournotawimp

Thank you. Those damsels are a riot. Just don’t tell them they’re not ten feet long and bulletproof! There has been some spirited debate about this on SB so I’m a little hesitant to disclose how I was able to get such stable video of the jawfish, but I placed the camera tray on a desolate patch of sand in front of him. This trip didn’t have the wow factor with eagle rays or a hammerhead like our February trip two months earlier, but it was still a blast and not as cold! #yeswereallyarewimps

For 15? years I've been diving Cozumel in a 3MM full any time of year. Our past 2 December trips I got chilled (maybe it is because I was diving the same suit for 15 years that I just couldn't give up?). Well, regardless the wife and I purchased new 5MM full suits for our December trip that is coming. I guess we have to add a little more weight (or maybe a lot more) to get down on day 1 with these but I have dreams of staying toasty warm in these new suits. Initially I ordered a 7/5 hooded vest with the intention of wearing that under my old 3MM but lets just say I have a big head and that full hood was not for me so it was returned. We'll see how this new full 5MM and my 3MM tropic beanie work this December.

Several times during the week we’ll do 4 dives a day, so in February diving a 3.5mm and a hooded vest I’m still physically shaking halfway through the forth dive. I’m definitely going with the 5mm next February, but like you, I’m not looking forward to sinking that thick neoprene. I’m sure your 15 year old suit is as comfortable as your favorite tee shirt, but it’s probably providing about as much warmth as that tee shirt too!

Great video, thanks for sharing! Funny thing, I think I got a lot of similar shots that you did, when I dove with Blue XT~Sea & TresPelicanos last week. The Turtles, the Nurse Shark sleeping in a cave, the Puffers and Boxfish/Cowfish clearing out gravel, the "hitchhiker" fish swimming above a sand-skimming Ray, etc.

Only wish I had a good dive light, so just regular GoPro footage with the shallow (pink-ish) Backscatter lens. Still need to edit everything. Got tons of cool swim-through footage from Palancar Bricks!

What camera and light are you using?

Great video, thanks for sharing! Funny thing, I think I got a lot of similar shots that you did, when I dove with Blue XT~Sea & TresPelicanos last week. The Turtles, the Nurse Shark sleeping in a cave, the Puffers and Boxfish/Cowfish clearing out gravel, the "hitchhiker" fish swimming above a sand-skimming Ray, etc.

Only wish I had a good dive light, so just regular GoPro footage with the shallow (pink-ish) Backscatter lens. Still need to edit everything. Got tons of cool swim-through footage from Palancar Bricks!

What camera and light are you using?

Thanks! Look forward to seeing your video (again). Unfortunately, editing is very time consuming. For this video we used GoPro cameras, BackScatter Flip6 filter systems and two handle trays with inexpensive lights. About 75% was shot with a GoPro-4 and the remainder with a GoPro-6. Bought some VL4000P lights recently and used them in Grand Cayman. Very nice lights and we got a screaming deal on them, but the price has jumped back up.

At 1:42. the two divers have regs with yellow hoses in their mouths. One of the two diver's reg has a yellow front and looks like his normal second stage is stowed. What's going on in this segment?

Thanks! Look forward to seeing your video (again). Unfortunately, editing is very time consuming. For this video we used GoPro cameras, BackScatter Flip6 filter systems and two handle trays with inexpensive lights. About 75% was shot with a GoPro-4 and the remainder with a GoPro-6. Bought some VL4000P lights recently and used them in Grand Cayman. Very nice lights and we got a screaming deal on them, but the price has jumped back up.
Were you using the Backscatter filters with the tray lights or separately?

Back
Top Bottom