Carnival Magic, Oct 28-Nov 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbles below

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone on that boat? It port out of Miami and has 4 major diving port: Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, and Grand Cayman. I am thinking of diving on all port while my friend will sit out on Cozumel and Grand Cayman. She's not fond of drift diving and overhead. I might do a shore dive in Grand Cayman after the boat dives.

Hi Bubbles, wife and I are booked on Magic cruise and I plan diving each Port also. Too difficult to choose one to not dive!!! Have you booked any dives yet?

Grand Cayman and Cozumel are the best two diving ports on that itinerary. I guess to each her own.

Never dived Roatan but spent week on Guanaja, one of the Bay Islands and loved it!! Have dived Belize also but stayed at Lighthouse Reef which gives you access to the Blue Hole which is too far from mainland for most dive operations. Last time in Cozumel weather was too bad for small crafts so had to do shore dive!! Couldn't make it to Punta Sur, Santa Rosa or Palancar.

Anyone on that boat? It port out of Miami and has 4 major diving port: Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, and Grand Cayman. I am thinking of diving on all port while my friend will sit out on Cozumel and Grand Cayman. She's not fond of drift diving and overhead. I might do a shore dive in Grand Cayman after the boat dives.

Since when is Grand Cayman associated with overhead diving, or does she not want to dive GC for some other reason? The reefs at GC are among the best in the Caribbean, have dived there many times, and not once in an overhead environment.

Cozumel, I’m going w a different operator, La Beibca or Scuba Mau. The other 3, I will use the cruise’s operator. Roatan, they use Anthony Keys. Belize, is a tender port and they pick you up from the ship. Grand Cayman, it’s a tender port and you’ll need to met at the excursion point. And if they use, Diver Down/Cayman Diving I’ll be able to do a boat dive and a shore dive of Wreck Cali. It will be a tight window, but I should be safe since I’ll book excursion thru the cruise.

Since when is Grand Cayman associated with overhead diving, or does she not want to dive GC for some other reason? The reefs at GC are among the best in the Caribbean, have dived there many times, and not once in an overhead environment.[/QUOTE
Swimthru and Kittawake are considered overhead. I get borrowed just the basic reef dives.

Grand Cayman diving is generally not drift diving and it is not overhead diving - unless you are talking about penetrating a wreck? The Kittiwake is a popular wreck but you don't have to dive it. There's a lot of topside activities - so perhaps that is why your wife would prefer not to dive there.

When in Grand Cayman you must do the Kittiwake!! LOL! Especially since it is now laying partially on its starboard side due to Hurricane Nathan!

Hi Bubbles, wife and I are booked on Magic cruise and I plan diving each Port also. Too difficult to choose one to not dive!!! Have you booked any dives yet?
I booked thru the cruise ship for Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Belize. Cozumel, I'm either booking with LaBeibca(EL CID) or Scuba Mau they depart at 9am.

Might be to late, I never (when possible) book through the cruise ship... if you feel like going out on your own, check out Bare Foot in Roatan, we got 3 dives in, for $40/ dive...

Back
Top Bottom