Cozumel and Tropical Storm Isaac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wsr523

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are scheduled to leave for Cozumel on Friday. We have been watching tropical storm Isaac and originally it seemed to be headed south of Cozumel and weakening but I just read that it has the possibility to strenghten back into an hurricane and the models look more to be in a direct path of Cozumel. Is there any weather experts on SB that might be able to help us make up our minds on if we should go or not. Our gut feeling is to cancel.

We will be in Cozumel September 15th through 22nd for first time
It doesnt look like it will hit Cozumel

At this point you'll just have to wait and make that decision on Friday...were headed down next week but we purchased trip insurance so if there's issues with Isaac or another storm, we're prepared to bail.

You have to give it another 36 hours and see how Isaac materializes...it can go north, South and it fizzle although doubtfull given Ocean temps..

At this point you'll just have to wait and make that decision on Friday...were headed down next week but we purchased trip insurance so if there's issues with Isaac or another storm, we're prepared to bail.

You have to give it another 36 hours and see how Isaac materializes...it can go north, South and it fizzle although doubtfull given Ocean temps..

We have trip insurance but we sure would hate to have to cancel. Definitly will be watching up until our flights on Friday.

It's basically out of your hands at this point so let it play out...good on you for buying trip coverage.

We have trip insurance
But would be almost impossible to reschedule

We have trip insurance
But would be almost impossible to reschedule
Your only allowed one trip a lifetime? I certainly hope not!

Your only allowed one trip a lifetime? I certainly hope not!

Nope just very hard this time of year
I have to have hubby and oldest daughter available she watches the kids
So would be Feb or March before we could reschedule do not want to wait that long lol

Nope just very hard this time of year
I have to have hubby and oldest daughter available she watches the kids
So would be Feb or March before we could reschedule do not want to wait that long lol
My fingers are crossed for you, swr, and me :)

Should not impact Cozumel. Looks like it will fizzle out before then. Enjoy Coz - wish that I was going!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom