What was the best training you ever did?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmmm I enjoyed all my courses for different reasons but i'd have to say my Tech sidemount Course with Paul Rose.
The man was incredible to dive with.

Ice diving was close second

Thinking it would be just fine to wade through the surf zone into deeper water with regulator out, mask around neck, fins in one hand, deflated lift bag and 15 pound weight belt in other, without 15 pounds of excess buoyancy, for lift bag exercise for students. I got my reg in and got assistance. But it was interesting and a good lesson.

Rescue class is good, as is scientific diving and helping to teach it.

Getting a focus on Buoyancy, Trim, and Propulsion. They are the foundation of good diving.

Solo Diver. Not really for the class, but just love the liberating outcome.

And I am not addressing the question if one should think the outcome should be experienced as liberating in the first place since there really is no real rule against solo diving to begin with... To me it was liberating, cause where I dove solo so far, someone wanted to see that card... If I lived on Bonaire I might think otherwise...

DISTINCTIVE SIDEMOUNT with Garry Dallas. The special thing there was the encounter with one of the greatest instructors on the planet. It entirely changed my perception of training and of diving. I was SSI AOWD certified and thought, I can dive but Garry really taught me to. He certified me through PADI but crossed over to RAID since then.

In the near future, my continuing training will be... diving more!

However, I know there is lots left to learn that I may or may not learn well through peronal experience. So, what was the best training you ever did? What level class? What organization? Where at? Go ahead and name drop your instructor if you want!

I want all the stories.

By far, the best training I have done was my freediving training. This has made me a better scuba diver, more so than any specialty scuba training I have taken. It also made me a better freediver, as would be expected. I did an AIDA *** (3 star) training class in Kona. This is probably the best location in the USA to learn and to practice. It is worth the effort to go there for your class, and most (if not all) training agencies hold classes there.

Gue fundamentals. I did this course after padi AOW and 35 dives. It was much harder then i expected, but the most rewarding course i did.

Any kind of rescue course (the agency is irrelevant) is something I would go for. Next GUE fundamentals.. if there is 1 recreational course which totally changed the game for me it was this. When I did 8 years ago in my class there was a beginning diver with 40 dives, me with 300 dives and a PADI dive instructor with 1800+ dives. All of us even tho we came from different backgrounds learned so much it totally changed my enjoyment underwater. It's a basic course, teaching basic stuff at a very very high level and giving you the tools to do the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom