Don't help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seriously, it is a bit awkward to explain. Commercial divers usually dress on a rectangular wooden bench with no back and positioned so the tender can walk all around them. The procedure also works standing or with the diver sitting a recreational dive boat bench and having them rotate about 45°.
  • Option 1 (most comfortable for most divers): Tender stands a little behind the diver on the side they are putting the glove on, and facing the same direction
    • Diver bends their elbow and presses their upper arm/elbow against the tender's thigh, or gut if the diver is standing
    • Diver's forearm is parallel to the deck with the thumb pointing up

This is the quickest photo that I could find on my website from this spring. Just got home from my fall vacation where we dove commercial and historic gear. We get lots of practice putting on gloves.
IMG_6791.JPG

Interesting post to say the least.
Unfortunately I always need help pulling my wetsuit zipper up. Yes, I have a drysuit with front zipper. But when in a wetsuit, I don't seem to have mastered pulling the zipper up without it getting caught 1/2 way up. Perhaps someone can help my poor soul.

If your trouble has anything to do with the zipper flap getting caught in the zipper, I flex my shoulders back to give it a bit of room to fall in behind the zipper when I'm zipping up. And I pull the zipper pull as much straight up and a little out behind me as I can manage. Seems to work almost as well as asking some nice person nearby for help.

Try over 70, white haired, and female.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom