Any equipment buying regrets ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't toss out user error like it doesn't count. I've loaned twist on lights to others several times and got them back full of water. A product so prone to failure by anyone that didn't RTFM is poorly designed in my opinion.
No question that if you unscrew the head under water they will flood.

No question that if you unscrew the head under water they will flood.

I think they are meant to be turned off under water, but I obviously went too far with one of my lights and it flooded. I've bought two more, and make sure to turn the head just enough to make the light go off and stop right there.

I think they are meant to be turned off under water, but I obviously went too far with one of my lights and it flooded. I've bought two more, and make sure to turn the head just enough to make the light go off and stop right there.
That is the trick

A light with a magnetic on/off switch is not only possible but really common... These screw off lights are the equivalent of having to loosen the lug nuts to put air in your cars tire..

I have three of the little buggers that someone in China sent me by mistake. I was supposed to be getting the ones with the magnetic switch. They have a slot that fits nicely onto the harness waist belt and would be a good backup if only I could manage to screw the thing on while diving without bringing channel-lock pliers along and probably having to remove it from the belt to get at it.

I haven't had one flood yet because I usually can't get the thing to unscrew. What are you guys using for lube on the O-rings?
Silicone

A light with a magnetic on/off switch is not only possible but really common... These screw off lights are the equivalent of having to loosen the lug nuts to put air in your cars tire..
Tell to the divers using screw on/off backup lights for the longest a deepest cave dives. They certainly don’t have a problem with twists on off lights. It’s a user error not the torch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom