Drift diving is NOT so relaxing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...I have been on at least 2 drift dives where it was so rough that the crew got into the water, grabbed divers, took their fins, and shoved them up the ladder...
Why not put your fins on your wrists? When you get thrown off the ladder, you put them back on so that you can swim

That's what I usually do. Following crew's instructions. Most of us were holding onto the jerking line with 2 hands. Crew wanted everyone on boat ASAP.

@stuartv and I just did the Lillie Parsons 1/2 mile long drift with his friend Ivan in the 1000 Islands. We kept the depths recreational between 80 and 100 feet for most of it to stay beneath the eddy zone between islands. The river is 170 feet deep there. We were on the Helen C alongside the AMG. Two divers from the AMG surfaced upriver near us. "F**k me!" exclaimed one of the divers. While we had fun, someone else probably found the dive more adventurous than relaxing.

We do a 3 mile long drift in shallow water near Ogdensburg, NY which is 100% easy and stress free.

We do a 3 mile long drift in shallow water near Ogdensburg, NY which is 100% easy and stress free.

After diving here in the Niagara River for decades, I was invited to do a drift around the Morristown area with some SB folks. It was amazing to me to be able to stop, and go back to look at something....

I used to date a Delta Airlines flight attendant who lived in Tonawanda, NY. She had I did the Niagara River drift many times. I think the most important rule was don't drift over the falls.

Trace, you're a serial dater but they all dive!!

I've not been so fortunate to date many divers. But am ever hopeful

I'm commitment-phobic. Unless it comes to committing to a dive plan. :D

Oh, I thought you'd actually married your current girlfriend. My bad

Trace, you're a serial dater but they all dive!!

I've not been so fortunate to date many divers. But am ever hopeful

That would make for a NON-RELAXING drift dive, or any kind of dive.

I've heard of people that share their life with non-divers but I don't quite see it. The ones I know end up bartering or hiding their diving trips or purchases.
I couldn't, there's enough give and take with life in general, not sure a non- diver could understand the financial allocation for diving. Probably worse the time allocation, being unavailable on weekends if the seas are less than 3 feet, or using 75 to 100% of any free time for diving or diving related activities.

Don't give up, my point of view is that settling for "right-now" instead of "right" is just a temporary fix.

Back
Top Bottom