Which resort in Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronski101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Planning on doing a 2 wk trip in early April 2019 and looking for a resort in Anilao for the 2nd week El galleon being the first week. I was not happy with crystal blue a couple of yrs ago but there are a bunch of other places in the area and was wondering what the local consensus was. AC, decent food, reasonable price, clean, 3 dives/day, good critter spotters, decent service, are things I am looking for.

I've been to Aiyanar twice, and going back there next Spring for a third time. Yes, I like it. Meets all your criteria.

Stayed at Buceo Anilao a couple of years ago. Good food, attentive staff, good diving, clean and comfortable. You'd need to look at their price list to see if it fits your definition of reasonable.

My wife was going to go to Buceo, but it was full. Based on Scubaboard, she tried Anilao Photo Academy. The place is new and clean, but the rooms are basic. That said, she raves about the place: the critter spotters, the owners, the atmosphere. It is really geared towards photographers and my wife's photos have really jumped to the next level due to the help she's received there.

She's a repeat customer and hasn't considered going elsewhere. I hope to make it to Anilao Photo Academy to see for myself.

I have not yet been to Blue Ribbon's new Anilao location, but looking forward to checking them out soon.

Portulano is small and quiet if that's your thing, and Dive n Trek is completely water focused (free air fills for dives) but more busy.

I guess it all depends on what sort of feel you're looking for. But I like the concept of supporting our fellow ScubaBoard members :wink:

I think there are about 70 dive resorts in Anilao now. They range from very basic backpacker type to quite fancy. It all depends on your budget, and want you want in a resort. Do your research. Check out Saltitude if you are looking for a midpriced resort.

Back
Top Bottom