Bali Honeymoon Diving Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iwalkathinline

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi!

I'm very excited to be getting married next Saturday, and my wife-to-be has recently been certified so we can start diving together! We'll be in Bali for about a week during our honeymoon, and I'm looking for some diving recommendations.

The resort where we're staying does offer a few options with some of their partners. Here's what they have available:
  • Padangbai or Amed
    • I'm guessing this depends on weather or water conditions on the day of?
    • Looks like a typical reef dive in Padangbai, but Amed says there's a shipwreck?
  • Tulamben
    • WWII shipwreck USAT Liberty - says it's voted as one of the best wreck dives in the world... is that true?
Personally, I'd love to do Tulamben but I wanted to see what others thought. It will be my fiance's first real, ocean dive. I want to make sure she has a great time so we can keep diving!

Also, are there any others not offered above? If so, we can certainly contact a charter directly if anyone knows of a good shop. And would it be worth doing both of the above? If they're both great we can do that too... yall please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Leaving tomorrow (from Dallas) for Bali. We are staying in padangbai for 6 nights and Tulamben for 3. I will update you when we get back.

Seems like padangbai/candidasa are good locations for access to some of the better dive sites. Tulamben has the liberty. Ahmed is in between the two and it seems like most of the operations at both areas will take you there if you desire. I don't know much about diving in Ahmed. The NW is supposedly really popular too, but it is pretty far.

Hello to my fellow North Texan! That's awesome, I'll definitely be watching for a response... if you're leaving tomorrow and there for 9 days, we might actually wind up on the same charter!

You have a lot more dives than either of us - have you done wreck dives before? I'm really comfortable in the water and with my gear, but she just recently got certified. Do you think a wreck would be feasible (and a good idea) for us? I've never done one either, but have always wanted to...

For a honey-moon I would suggest Villa Markisa in Tulamben (well to be more exact they are on the rocky beach at Seraya). Great little resort.
We have stayed at Scuba Seraya which is right next door 3 times. So yes the diving in the area is great.
Scuba Seraya is perfectly fine...but for a honey-moon I would fork out the extra for Villa Markisa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom