starter regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

titans have a balanced first stage and unbalanced second stage except for the discontinued titan lx which had a balanced 2nd like the core

OP should just rent if diving less than 10 times a year though

The Titan is an Unbalance 1st and 2nd Stage. I recommend unbalanced regulators only for small children since they have depth limits that are very shallow or for cheap divers who feel saving a few dollars is worth the least performing type of regulator design.

Titan has a balanced first stage. I've exceeded 100' with it numerous times with no issues whatsoever.

Edit: Oops, missed the previous post.

I recommend unbalanced regulators only for small children since they have depth limits that are very shallow or for cheap divers who feel saving a few dollars is worth the least performing type of regulat

If the unbalanced reg is tuned properly I've never had an issue. Before the advent of balanced regulators, divers including myself, were making what are now considered tech dives on unbalanced regulators. Costeau was one of the more notable examples.

A balanced reg is an improvement over unbalanced, but that does not make the unbalanced reg a child's toy. I dive both types now and can tell the difference between the two, sometimes.

Bob

I stand corrected....

The Aqualung Titan does have a balanced 1st stage...and an unbalanced downstream 2nd stage.

Unless you are diving cold water I would go with a Scubapro mk10/G250. Outperforms almost anything out there, parts are readily available anywhere, has a swivel turret for hose routing and you can buy them used for $100 to $150 all day long.

This

Titan has a balanced first stage. I've exceeded 100' with it numerous times with no issues whatsoever.

My Cressi's are unballanced and I've been past 100' many times with no issues, as well. Sometimes at 42°F, and on one dive my buddies balanced reg freeflowed and mine did not.

My Cressi's are unballanced and I've been past 100' many times with no issues, as well. Sometimes at 42°F, and on one dive my buddies balanced reg freeflowed and mine did not.
I think I'd probably freeflow in 42f water too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom