Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or..... just maybe...... Ross H has incorporated an inherent deep stop bias into MultiDeco as my instructor pointed out and which I have observed, now he is not going to fess up to that.

We’re all going to be thinking you are making this up unless you can post an example which supports your assertion.

If there is a difference between some planner and MultiDeco I’d bet money on MultiDeco being correct.

My code I wrote to better understand how Bühlmann and GF works. There is nothing like having to write an implementation to clear up the corner cases. Who do I know if my code works? I compared a bunch of profiles with Ross’s ones.

Now, perhaps I have a typo in constants for a slow tissue, in that way there may me some depths and profile which come out wrong but I might not catch because I didn’t choose those profiles and that tissue never happens to be the limiting one. Perhaps Ross has such a bug, perhaps Shearwater does.

We can’t resolve such a possibility without an example.

I’d guess you are not comparing the same configurations. For example which of the three coefficient sets (A, B or C). Or ascent rate.

However, being a software developer is about finding out exactly how your code is wrong much more often than whether it is wrong, so I have an open mind, so please offer an example.

I believe @boulderjohn has a typo: "14/55 with 50% and 100%". Sometimes we have 10 thumbs.
Ye--I will fix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom