Perdix AI - what does "MOD" parameter stand for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flotul

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi,

I'm a new Perdix AI user and almost "lost" in all possible parameters the Perdix AI allows.

Unfortunately, I can't find the description for the MOD (40m) parameter in the user guides I could already find and read.

Can someone please explain or tell where to find the info?

Thanks a lot

Roger

Typically, it stands for Maximum Operating Depth. There are charts available; but I'm guessing that your computer either provides the MOD or allows you to set one (for alarm purposes)

Maximum operating depth. For recreational users this 40m setting is your maximum certified depth. Your MOD may be less based on the lesser of your qualifications as a diver and the ppO2 exposure from your gas. If you are diving air, then 40 m is a reasonable MOD.

When you get certified for nitrox and start using it, you'll enter the oxygen mix into your computer. The MOD will then change to show you the maximum depth you can do with that mix. This is just a simplification as other factors come into effect as well, but you'll learn about all that if and when you take the nitrox course.

If you have an Android phone there is this cool free app called Nitrox Blender that you can put on your phone and get familiar with different percentages of Nitrox and their "MOD" (Maximum Operating Depth) There is one for iphones too but I don't what it is called.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom