Pre diabetic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. We’re not talking about Diabetes in this thread. The OP is pre-diabetic.
2. @ScubaJCBS only needs a doctor’s note if he wants to take a course. He can dive without filling in a RSTC form. What are you talking about?
I didn't say but I have a course this week. Thanks.

@Snoweman was questioning @ScubaJCBS - not you.

With renal impairment, you definitely need a signoff for any further instruction.

With renal impairment, you definitely need a signoff for

With renal impairment, you definitely need a signoff for any further instruction.
My LDS is aware of my situation and have given me the option to defer my course if I want to and I will be doing the theory tonight and pool on Friday. My gp has no problem with me diving but in fairness he admits to knowing nothing about diving and I am his first mono kidney patient. My consultant feels that I should be carrying on as normal and hasn't suggested that any changes in my lifestyle. I'm not worried about the renal side of things just that I may have a condition that is not being managed and may be dangerous. Thanks.

He was questioning his Diabetes.

Soggybadger. At this point a diagnosis of prediabetes is really nothing more than a warning that diabetes may occur and a call to action to modify any risk factors that are under your control, such as weight, diet and exercise. Your blood sugar is elevated but not to the level of diabetes. It causes no symptoms and poses no risk with diving. I would not even mark it on the medical statement.

Without knowing more, I wonder if the physical and emotional stress you have had this past year might not also be a factor in your elevated blood sugar and that you might expect an improvement with your levels as your renal status stabalizes.

So if the renal condition is not a factor at present, relax and go diving!

Just trying to clarify here are you saying if you are diabetic you can't dive?

Good question, and absolutely not. There are published recommendations for diving with diabetes.

Best regards,
DDM

Soggybadger. At this point a diagnosis of prediabetes is really nothing more than a warning that diabetes may occur and a call to action to modify any risk factors that are under your control, such as weight, diet and exercise. Your blood sugar is elevated but not to the level of diabetes. It causes no symptoms and poses no risk with diving. I would not even mark it on the medical statement.

Without knowing more, I wonder if the physical and emotional stress you have had this past year might not also be a factor in your elevated blood sugar and that you might expect an improvement with your levels as your renal status stabalizes.

So if the renal condition is not a factor at present, relax and go diving!

Thanks guys. That's what I wanted to hear. Sorry about the above but my keyboard went mental. Have a great day guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom